rRPC - The Remix Role-Playing Competition (Congratulations to Jason Covenant and evktalo)

FenixDown

As I've said during the previous round, I will happily take a WIP over nothing at all. Don't feel discouraged just because you feel the work is not complete. The feedback you get from the compo followers might be what you need to make it OCR mixpost-worthy.

Anyway, there's about 17 hours left in the round now. I haven't heard from many people last time I asked for a status update. So far, Xenonetix is the only one to submit anything. Best of luck guys, let's start sending things in!

I almost have it ready, but I think I`ll take a break now and finish it later.

My ears are really tired, so I dont really trust them to do the mix now

A question,

Can I send you the song in soundcloud? (with the download option enabled, obviously)

I nearly forgot posting my reviews:

A Taste of Ivalice: Great idea, I really liked the mood, and it worked with Hometown Domina, which is one of the happiest songs I know. Could use some more development, but was a great start

Dustin Time: Chippy, funky and the themes go really well together, unfortunately a bit short

Avon Tie: At least someone had something lasting more than 3 minutes. Interesting blend of the themes. Could use some mastering. And I probably would have lost against that one :razz:

Sorry to hear that MindWanderer, get well soon. Thank you everyone who has sent in their music. So far we've got four submissions in, one for each match-up no less. Anorax, MindWanderer, Xenonetix, and Ghetto Lee Lewis have all turned in their music. We've still got four hours left.

man, I been doing little changes and tweaking things for quite some time, and now I dont like the song at all :P

how much time do I have to finish this?

by my clock (11:33 EDT), you've got 27 minutes. Depending on your upload speed, probably less.

Edited by Anorax

Question, are we free to upload our mixes to wherever for sharing once the submission period ends?

That's fine with me.

Edit: And yeah, you've only got about 24 minutes by my clock now gercr. Please submit it soon, if no one else submits we'll have to skip voting for this round too and I do not want that to happen.

Edited by FenixDown

Mine's in. I don't think I've ever turned in a less-inspired mix to a compo. Sorry guys. I really wanted a ton of vox, but, thanks to some flooding, I'm in a temporary living situation where good recordings are hard to get. All I could muster was two distorted lines and then had to rebuild the track around them. Bleh. Looking forward to seeing what my fellow villains have cooked up though.

Jason Covenant sent in his mix so voting is definitely happening for this round! gercr, it sounds like you're close to having something ready. If it's just a few minutes late, I'm not going to just throw it out, but I definitely want it as soon as humanly possible. Anyway, next post will set up the next round.

Villain Bracket Round One is officially closed.

The heroes have set off upon the open road where an expansive world awaits them. The sheer beauty of the land and the relaxing breeze underlie the hidden dangers of traveling across the land. Monsters and other unscrupulous types pop up seemingly at random, forcing the heroes into battle again and again. With each challenge, the heroes grow stronger, and while some may fall behind, they can still see their destination towering on the horizon.

Hero Bracket Round Two: The Vast, Open World

The focus of Hero Bracket Round Two is on Overworld Themes. Exploration of a vast, unknown world has been a feature of many RPGs over the years and now it is the rRPC’s turn. The round themes for this week’s match-ups are:

djg-music and Ethan Rex:

Yami and evktalo:

Round Two also marks the unlocking of the Summon System! Now mixers may choose whether to use their own character’s theme in their mixes or to replace it with the theme of the character they were matched up with in the previous round. And if any mixers use their summons, they also have the option of collaborating with the mixer who originally used that theme. Due to the outcome of the Hero Bracket’s first round, here is a rundown of who has access to each summon:

djg-music can summon Nonamer’s Felix

Ethan Rex can summon NovaReaper’s Ren and Tlachtga

Yami can summon HoboKa’s Aya

evktalo can summon urdailywater’s Nepgear

And for anyone who was eliminated from the first round, round two marks the start of Fallen Mixes. For those who still wish to participate in the rRPC, there are additional source themes leftover that were not selected for the bracket itself. Fallen Heroes may choose any one of these four sources to combine with their character theme, and if they are submitted on time, they will be included in the zip file for the round’s tracks. You are free to collaborate with your fellow Fallen from either side (though for now, there are only Heroes) but the main mixer must use their character’s theme.

The Fallen Mixes for Round Two of the Hero Bracket are:

Overworld Theme 4 - The 7th Saga

Field of Expel - Star Ocean: the Second Story

If, for whatever reason, none of these themes appeal to you, you may also make a mix combining your theme with the theme of any one of the other Fallen characters regardless of which side they are on.

ReMixers will have until noon EST on Monday, June 30 to submit their mixes to me via PM at which point the next round for the Villain Bracket will begin. Don’t forget to follow the instructions provided in the opening post of the thread when submitting your mixes, I will not accept tracks sent in the wrong format or improperly titled. Now go forth Heroes and save the world!

Edited by FenixDown

In my panic I uploaded and old, crapiest version.

If you let me I can upload the new, less crapy version, if not is ok, I now is my fault, I completely miscalculated the time I had.

ufff, bad luck.

(PS, did you get it ? did I make it ? please let me know if there's a problem)

Edited by gercr

Jason Covenant sent in his mix so voting is definitely happening for this round!
aw, shit. I, er, uh... I meant "yay". Yeah, that's what I meant. :-P

So now that voting is definitely going to happen (although with two of the brackets instead of all four), how exactly will it work? This is the first time voting has actually happened

Edited by Anorax

aw, shit. I, er, uh... I meant "yay". Yeah, that's what I meant. :-P

So now that voting is definitely going to happen (although with two of the brackets instead of all four), how exactly will it work? This is the first time voting has actually happened

Pretty much the same way it does in the other compos. We have a social group where I will create voting threads for after I finish preparing the music zip file for downloading. Then anyone can vote by making one post in each match-up thread for the round stating only the mixer name of whomever you wish to vote for. Whichever mixer has the most votes by the end of the voting period (which will end the same time as the current round) will advance to the next round. For match-ups that did not have both participants, the one who submitted music gets an automatic pass to the next round.

I will post again when the music is ready and the voting period is set to begin.

Voting for the Villain Bracket Round One is now open! You may download the round’s zip folder here. Voting may be done in the rRPC Social Group and will remain open until noon EST on Monday, June/30. Be sure to vote in every match up or else your vote will not count. If you want to post reviews of the round’s tracks, do so in a single post in this thread.

For easy access to the source themes used in each round, check out the rRPC Roster.