East West Problemz

So I recently made the mistake of buying RA and one of these dumb iLOK things.

I tried to install the thing off the DVD, but it always runs into error 1721 regardless of running as admin, turning off UAC entirely or any other suggestion I found on the interwebs. A possible work around I found online was that you could download the PLAY vst from soundsonline and then just manually load the sound libraries off your hard-drive. The VST then informs me that "This instrument requires software not known to PLAY" and directs me to the useless support page. I installed the update for RA and the situation remains unchanged.

So I figured, maybe I just need to activate it or something. So I tried putting my code for RA into the PLAY Authorization manager and it tells me every time that my code is straight up invalid. I've checked about 10 times to make sure I'm entering the code correctly and it doesn't work.

Anyone know of any solutions to this? The Sounds-online site is about useful as pissing upwind in a monsoon.

The UAC advice is very OS specific. My get around was first, like you said off loading the samples from the DVD manually then installing Play via the site (make sure you didn't download an upgrade, but an actual installer, I made that mistake and had a problem similar to yours) , restart the comp then use the authorization. Make sure that you keep the folder directories the same as they are on the DVD, I myself copied the exact default location the installer chooses.

The authorization code needs the ilok I think... it gets confusing but I think you need to install the ilok drivers first, then enter the authorization code.

Similar to MX I had problems twice and I've gotten decent support. Eastwest is a very mixed bag so you can try and see for yourself.

Try going into the iLok license manager, right-clicking the iLok, and selecting Sync/Repair. There's a chance that the activation has already gone through on EastWest's end but the iLok hasn't updated itself to reflect it. This happened to me a few months ago, and IIRC "invalid or already used code" was the error that the EastWest authorization manager gave me.

Edited by Moseph

Try going into the iLok license manager, right-clicking the iLok, and selecting Sync/Repair. There's a chance that the activation has already gone through on EastWest's end but the iLok hasn't updated itself to reflect it. This happened to me a few months ago, and IIRC "invalid or already used code" was the error that the EastWest authorization manager gave me.

That didn't work either, unfortunately.

Tech Support got back to me with an email telling me to do every single step I already told them I did lol.

So I sent an email about the license problem to the email specifically for licensing. I've been able to work around the installation problem, but I'd wager my code is a dud.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel ya.

I have made several EW purchases and I usually have a licensing issue that must be resolved manually (with me it was SD3 and the Logic FX pack).

I went through the effort of writing every single detail of what I did to fix it, only to get a reply telling me to do exactly what I already did. You can't help but feel annoyed. It's like they didn't read the problem and description at all. Ended up actually using the product 5 days after purchase instead of immediately as I had intended.

Their products are amazing, but their service is shite, unfortunately.