OCR00495 - Final Fantasy VIII "Final Jungle Fantasy"

Ginnsu

Final Fantasy VIII 'Final Jungle Fantasy'

Awesome experimentation with some very interesting sounds here, and that’s one extremely deep sliding bass. Excellent voice samples, and break beat drums to match. Doesn't sound much like the Rural jungle, but defiantly fits the Urban Jungle. Absolutely amazing, DJ Pheonix, I love it.

• 6 months later...

Couldn't remember this among the many scores of FF remixes, so pulled it out of my HD and lent an ear to it for about 3 and a half minutes.

Liked what my ear told me :P

Good voice samples, which aren't overused. Interesting arrangement... Not bad, just interesting. And, umm, yeah... Decent stuff, I guess.

Not too big of a fan of techno, but I still give an occasional listen :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This sounds like a collection of random sounds layerd on top of a broken back beat. I'm sorry, but this song (if it can be called that) bears absolutely zero resemblance to the original. When I first heard it, I thought it was another joke mix along the lines of "Cool Cool Schala" but...the date wasn't April 1, and I wasn't laughing.

Harsh? Maybe. But I tell it like it is.

rating: 1/10

• 4 months later...
Just so you know, You wont find any more stuff from DJ Pheonix because im mixing under Liquid Neon now.

Were´nt your name Epoch? Got a little confused when pretzel siad one thing, the remix information said different, and now you comes around and...so confused.

For your remix, I can admit that this clearly was not my style, I liked that synth in the beginning, but when you released the jungle, it just became too much. Too many beats and stuff, but this actually reminds of NeedForSpeed, very hectic and alot of kewl drums.

Nice work Epoch, I mean Phoenix, no wait Neondude. Thanks.

So confused.

• 3 weeks later...

anotha fast car track...tis gud 2 see der still old skool drum & bass, jungle, breakbeat goin'. just 2 let the others kno, dis is one of the most original form of 2days drum & bass. yes!! UK STYLE!!!

however, u can't call dis experimental anymore cuz it's bin experimented ages ago n it has 'died'. i mean it has evolved, just like phoneix.

:peace:out

After listening to the three offending articles, I can barely pick out any resemblence between A Sacrifice and Find your Way, and FinalJungleFantasy.

But, I don't really find that important. It's still mostly good. It's a bit Challange-esque (battle versus Seymour Flux), but mostly good. But if cheese resembled Kefka, this remix evokes thoughts of Kefka on LSD. Whilst dead.

i.e. no resemblence to the origin.

But mostly good! Good effort!

Edit: Actually, no. Sorry. I'll be honest; this is worst than FF10-2. This remix, OK- I'll stomach the techno- brutal, but not Skedar, is bad. Not only does it have only one recognisable piece (and that is minor, altered and techno'd) but it is not well arranged. Sorry. Try posting this as Seymour Xluf, or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Im amazed a mix this old is still getting posts!

Im really glad some of you like this song, i personally hate it (its true!)

Even i think i strayed too far from the original on this one, but i was bored and so this was born :P

Oh yes and your right i was known as epoch for a while, you may also remember me as:

Bad Execute, Pheonix, Epoch, ViperX, V2i or Liquid Neon

I have multiple personality nickname disorder 8O

• 10 months later...

This mix should have gotten alot of more posts. I really liked it, though, I did think that the techno was so overemphasized that the original score was lost in it. I mean, don't get me wrong, this mix was slammin'... but it just seemed like the original score was lost.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Review# 3/1522 Final Fantasy VIII 'Final Jungle Fantasy'

This track features some good pop tech with a steady speed, grabbing my interest through the whole track. The only con to the track is, in my opinion, the unnecessary use of your standard "what what" beat-box, MC Hammer, pop rap much more suitable for Jet Grind Radio. Not really my thing outside of it.

Score: 7.5/10 "Acceptable"

• 2 years later...

Gosh, this one is a real stretch to even be deemed to be associable with Final Fantasy 8. I had to listen to the source about 5 times before I even pieced together a plausable way in which this could pass off as being even loosely inspired by the same melodies. Really, REALLY pushing the limits of interpretation here. Not even copyright lawyers could nail the mixer on infringement for this one.

Anyway, despite being 90% original, its actually kinda boring on top of it all. A very prosaic approach to mixing, constant repetition and a dated sound leave me questioning how this song is even still around. I don't know, maybe this was at the forefront of energetic mixing back in the day, but today its a retrospective I just wish I wasn't listening to.

• 9 months later...

Yea I liek it, pushing squares...who cares if its not close to source material, I come to this site for good music, i couldn;t care less aboput all the politics of video game music. THANKS!!! remids me of the late 90's!!!!!!!!! makes me want to buy a crap load of glow sticks and have a rave party...but nobody would want to do that these days...oh well....

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00495 - Final Fantasy VIII "Final Jungle Fantasy"