FL Studio 6 XXL Freezing Problem

Hey guys,

I have been using my newly purchased FL Studio 6 for about a week now, and i've had some major set backs because of a freezing problem. Many times when I drag an instrument over into the channels, my cursor will freeze halfway between the browser and the channel listing, and so will my whole computer. I've tried as far as a clean windows installation and reinstall. This happens with every type of instrument too: Soundfonts, Sytrus,and other FL instruments.

Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, Im really looking foward to actually being able to get down and mix.

Thanks,

Ajcomp70

Im using Windows XP SP2 on an Athlon XP Series Processor with 512Mb of ram.

Hey guys,

I have been using my newly purchased FL Studio 6 for about a week now, and i've had some major set backs because of a freezing problem. Many times when I drag an instrument over into the channels, my cursor will freeze halfway between the browser and the channel listing, and so will my whole computer. I've tried as far as a clean windows installation and reinstall. This happens with every type of instrument too: Soundfonts, Sytrus,and other FL instruments.

Any help on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated, Im really looking foward to actually being able to get down and mix.

Thanks,

Ajcomp70

Im using Windows XP SP2 on an Athlon XP Series Processor with 512Mb of ram.

purchased?

are you sure you didnt

"acquire"

FL XXL?

hmm?

because if you did that might be the problem.

That's 162 pages of stuff that won't be useful, because 95% of the questions are about "how do I do this in (a working copy of) FL."

purchased?

Oh, come on :roll:. Assume innocence until proven otherwise.

because if you did that might be the problem.
Then everyone with a warezed version of FL should have that problem. Programs like that are cracked once - twice if the original proved to be unstable. Release groups are proud of their work and don't want their names to be tainted. Since FL has been out for quite a while you can safely assume that cracking has been succesful.

Anyway - you might want to check your computer's memory with something like memtest86 - http://www.memtest86.com/ - and see if anything weird pops up.

As Yoozer said, we presume innocence unless there is a reason to believe otherwise. There are some people who posted in this very thread that use warez, I know it and they know it, but we don't ask any questions.

Anyway I actually had a similar problem as this guy. When I loaded certain projects, it would try to open instruments + effects and then simply crash. It was very frustrating. Ultimately, someone recommended I switch to Asio4All drivers (from my 0404's asio drivers) and that solved the problem. I recommended the same thing to this guy when he came on IRC last night. Then once the project is loaded you can usually switch back to whatever drivers you were using before, which may be preferable for whatever reason.

not to drag this thread out or off topic, but compy:

isn't this forum named "Remixing 101" entirely because it is a helpdesk for new users?

I was under the impression that the whole purpose of this section of the forums was to answer any questions that cropped up.

and, on the off-chance that you don't want to answer the same question over and over again to people who just arrived and maybe don't know how many times you've answered that same question, well -- couldn't you just, you know, keep your misguided rage to yourself and not answer his question?

I mean, someone else is bound to step up and either (kindly) direct him to the right section/thread/search engine, or (kindly) answer it for him.

unless I'm under the wrong impression and that's not how you think it should work?

D:

Still Ty, it could have been directed in the FL101 thread, as mentioned a couple of posts earlier. This is the reason why this section is so crowded and hovers with so much dead threads. Instead of throwing stuff around, why not having a central source for such questions.

This is what we try to adress here, too. To keep the boards a bit cleaner. It's not like that we say "old" or something like at UnMod or GD. We just ask for some pre-researches before asking a question. And if we have a corresponding thread for that already, then please in there. It's not like we don't want to answer stuff.

Another thing that made especially me wonder. I mean, okay we have a FL community in here. True that. But this problem is more sequencer based and counts to bugfinding. we might be able to answer it. But wouldn't it have been better to ask such question at the developer boards?

No rage, no mini-modding. It's just how it is.

Trust me guys, I looked all over this forum for an answer to my problem. I read all of the pinned threads about rules and things, and thought this was the most appropriate medium to ask the question because the FL101 topic is sooo overcrowded and should probably be made into a subforum.

With my problem, I downloaded ASIO4ALL like zircon suggested. The problem with the program is that I cannot playback my loops or any audio samplings while in fruity loops. I looked in the manual for ASIO4ALL without any explanation. Also, I now cannot switch audio sources in fruity loops from ASIO4ALL to Directsound, etc. I also tested my memory with no problems at all.

I really don't understand what's going on here, i'm usually able to solve any computer problem thrown at me.

Thanks again,

Ajcomp70

the FL101 topic is sooo overcrowded and should probably be made into a subforum.

I agree with the overcrowding completely. But I don't know about making another subforum, we already have a lot of those ;0

We're actually going to be making a bunch of new forums for the vbulletin switch, including a new FL forum..

Anyway if you can't even SWITCH drivers in FL there's some serious problem there. I have no idea.

The guy already searched the FL101 thread, so instead of staring each other in the face, lets unite and try to find a solution to the problem :P:D ..

Although I dunnow the answer, I use ASIO4ALL myself, and I have no problem with it.. I can still switch drivers and such..

If nothing else works and visited every internet site/forum in the world, try mailing the imageline, maybe that will work, and as soon as you found the solution to your problem, share it with us will ya?:)

For the rest of y'all,

Peace and Love baby!!