Wildstar

noTuX

I didn't see a thread for this awesome game yet, so I thought I'd point it out. Basically, it is a MMO game but with a more unique battle system that kinda works like platformer. If I'm not mistaken, it was made by the same company the created City of Heros a while back.

Trailer 1: http://youtu.be/QtUBpnegpCE

Features Trailer: http://youtu.be/5i6Zw9E7U3M

Here is the official site for more info: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

I've been playing for the past few days and it is addictive. The music is excellent and the environments are huge and very well made. It might give WoW some decent competition, IMO.

Is anyone from OCR playing this one?

I briefly played Wildstar during the beta week. Found it to be quite interesting as I played it. I definitely found the gameplay very similar to WoW but still did a few of their own things. For instance, while doing some quests, you see an additional challenge pop up that makes the quest completing somewhat less mundane. At times it is annoying but more importantly gives some variety to the "kill this many" quests.

The best part I've found of this game is the art style. The environments and character models are really impressive to look at. If I decide to actually purchase this game, it would be just to further explore the worlds they built up. I really wish they release an Art of Wildstar book.

One thing I didn't like, the platforming is really annoying. My character as also an explorer class and the quests associated to that was frustrating to get to the area required to complete them. Perhaps jumping around isn't my forte.

One thing I didn't like, the platforming is really annoying. My character as also an explorer class and the quests associated to that was frustrating to get to the area required to complete them. Perhaps jumping around isn't my forte.

I understand the issues with the platforming. My main gripe is the camera though. It would start randomly changing angles when I'm trying to fight and mobs and I would often get attacked from mobs outside of my view. I have to waste precious seconds trying to figure out where the hell the enemy is. I have no idea how my friend is playing this in first-person view.

My character is also an explorer/spellslinger. I had to do this one quest where I had to use pads that would launch me from one platform to another that are suspended really high up in the air. That was a nightmare because of the camera. I could not tell where I was going to land until it was too late. It took me about 15 tries to get it. I guess I just need to get better at controlling the camera while on the move.

Other than that, I've been having a pretty good time with the game.

Btw, I have three guess pass keys, if anyone wants to try it. I think they are 7-day passes.

I understand the issues with the platforming. My main gripe is the camera though. It would start randomly changing angles when I'm trying to fight and mobs and I would often get attacked from mobs outside of my view. I have to waste precious seconds trying to figure out where the hell the enemy is. I have no idea how my friend is playing this in first-person view.

My character is also an explorer/spellslinger. I had to do this one quest where I had to use pads that would launch me from one platform to another that are suspended really high up in the air. That was a nightmare because of the camera. I could not tell where I was going to land until it was too late. It took me about 15 tries to get it. I guess I just need to get better at controlling the camera while on the move.

Other than that, I've been having a pretty good time with the game.

Btw, I have three guess pass keys, if anyone wants to try it. I think they are 7-day passes.

Now that I think about it, the camera did move to a spot that made it difficult to land on platforms. Not to mention lag occurring at the wrong time.

I'll definitely play this game again when I have the chance.

I'm genuinely surprised there isn't more hype on OCR for this game. Almost every major MMO release generally has some fans on this site.

Wildstar is easily one of the best MMOs in recent memory. The best way to describe it is a great combination of Guild Wars 2 and WoW.. It kinda takes the best bits of both and combines into one awesome game. I have guest passes and will happily donate one or two to anyone that's interested in checking it out.

Highlights include Player Housing, Combat, Character Animations, and the Music.. my god.. The music is fantastic.

As for combat?

Skip to 24 minutes in, towards the very end and watch the boss fight. This is the combat in a nutshell - It's very fun.

The problem (for me) is the pvp elements right now are still an afterthought and warplots aren't close to being decent yet. The game is unfortunately just pve-raiding oriented again like WoW was. I liked the idea of the telecast system, but even in a 10v10 fight it just gets obnoxious. All you see is blue and red everywhere. The housing system and music were awesome though.