OCR02901 - Perfect Dark 'Killing Hope'

Love it, love it, love it. I loved this track back when I first heard it a year ago in the forums, and I'm very glad the judges felt the same way about it as I did - it's too damn sexy to contend with. It's just oozing with so much dark atmospheric flavor, I don't think anyone should miss this remix - it's just too good.

Ah, Chicago! One of the few Perfect Dark tracks I've listened to over and over again. The crackling effects and distortion on some of the samples and the overall sound helped make this ReMix perfectly dark (no pun intended) and haunting. Has a lot of sorrow from the piano and spooky qualities from everything else, and that's not something I often hear together on the same song. Pretty good ReMix, I'd have to say.

• 1 year later...

What a strange and eerie track that progressively gets weirder and stranger. It’s almost as if Akira Yamaoka did the soundtrack to Perfect Dark. It’s an atmospheric track that will make you feel lost, frightened, and helpless. Perhaps with a title like “Killing Hope” that was the intent. I wasn’t sure if I liked it, but by the end of the track, I loved it. Definitely not what I would expect from something inspired by Perfect Dark.

• 1 month later...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ever since I've been on OC Remix I hoped this day would come when someone would do a killer mix of Chicago, my fave track from Perfect Dark. Was just listening to the tired old MIDI from the game and thought, maybe I should check OC Remix... maybe someone remixed it and I missed it.... and I DID!!!

This mix is Perfectly Dark, in all the right ways. I feel the aliens took me during it. : )

The dub influence in it is soo neat too. Would not have expected that could work. Kudos. YOU ROCK!

Thanks Zas.