Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta 2014

FenixDown

It just came to my attention the other day that Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta will be starting soon. Four Job Fiesta is a challenge run of FFV where you are limited to only using four randomly determined job classes for the duration of the entire game. The event is done to raise money for Child's Play, a charity that donates games and toys to children's hospitals across the country. People make pledges via Twitter to give X amount of money for every player who beats the game/defeats Omega and/or Shinryu.

More information and details of how to sign up can be found on their website: http://fourjobfiesta.com/index.php You will have to use Twitter to sign up, as well as to get your random job classes.

I participated in Four Job Fiesta last year and made a mini-series out of it on my

. It might make things easier to understand for new players to see it in action. While I plan on giving it another go this year, I don't have any plans of recording any of it this time. Anyone else aware of this event or otherwise interested in participating?

I just signed up. It's not really my favorite game in the series, although I blame that on having played it after Final Fantasy Tactics (unless you count my aborted run waaaay back when I tried to play through it via emulator and a printed out copy of the at-the-time incomplete translation).

I actually just did my second playthrough ever a few months ago, this time with a better understanding of the job system... which meant that I ended up completely breaking the difficulty. I didn't think I'd ever have much of a reason to come back to the game, but this sort of challenge should freshen things up.

Edited by yangfeili

Well, this year my starting job for Bartz is White Mage. Definitely a better one than last year's Monk, which starts off good but gradually falls behind as the game progresses.

I got that as a starting job once. Have fun with Garula! I've picked up thief as my starter this year, so I know I will...

I got it rough. Started with Monk, followed by Red Mage. Red Mage would be great if I'd gotten a White or Black Mage in my first slot, but pretty awful as it is.

I got Beastmaster as my third, so maybe now I can do something interesting. I can load up a good monster on each character to blow bosses away, but still need to figure out how to get to the bosses with my increasingly questionable party.

I started with White Mage, and drew Berserker for the Water Crystal. I'll update both Facebook and here as I progress throughout the summer.

Beating Garula w/ White Mages is actually very simple, it just takes some time. Everyone in the back row, 4x Protect, and once he starts to counterattack, only your flail wielder (which should be Bartz, as his STR is naturally higher than everyone else's) strikes.

Oh, c'mon.

Monk

Red Mage

Beastmaster

Dragoon

Beastmaster is probably the star of the show with careful use of !Catch/!Release for smashing bosses. But that still means I have to get through the dungeons alive with a party which has no real means of dealing significant damage to late-game enemies except for having the Red Mage break rods like crazy.

There's going to be lots of running and careful use of !Control to get through regular encounters. I've actually got my Monk using !EqWhip for the chance of inflicting status effects since I'm reaching that point where unarmed starts to wimp out until you get the Kaiser Knuckles.

I just signed up and got Thief.

EDIT: Water draw was Mystic Knight. I'm getting quite lucky with these... even if Galuf was the only one to survive Garula's onslaught.

Then again he did punch Wing Raptor in the face while unarmed and killed him. So I guess it's not really a surprise.

Edited by Mirby

I just signed up and got Thief. So do I just play with all Thieves or 1 Thief and 3 Freelancers or what?

It depends on what criteria you signed up with. If you just went with a Normal run, which is the default, then you have to make all four party members thieves until you get the next job. After that you can do any combination of those two jobs, let's say thief and time mage, just so long as you have at least one person using each one. You continue this with the third and fourth jobs so by the start of the second world, each character must be using a separate job (though you can switch them around and use other job abilities in this mode).

I am playing the 'natural' mode which restricts each crystal's acquired job to a specific character. So right now I have Bartz as a white mage and the rest of my party remain freelancers until they get their respective crystal's job class.

I hope that helped explain things. The Four Job Fiesta site has a help page that should be able to answer any more questions.

Yeah MK is one of the best jobs you can get.

Currently have thief, berserker, and just unlocked summoner(Escaped Karnak with 13 seconds left). So glad to get a magic user before byblos. He is a real pain to deal with when you only have physical characters.