igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

Personally, I wouldn't put Bubble Bobble that high as a priority, since it's not a NES game originally, but an arcade game. But hey, not my call!

Perhaps NES soundtrack has some tunes specific to it? (That's what *really* matters if you ask me!) Here's the

and the
- I'm probably going to do a little comparison once I get the chance.

Like I said - not my call, just my 2c & thoughts & stuff.

Btw the idea of chronologically advancing in time & production style is a very cool idea, but probably hard to coordinate and pull off. People probably want to do things in their own style anyway. The idea of bookending the album with the first and last game is very good though, and for two tracks (first in chippy style, last in modern "epic hollywood orchestral" which is the contemporary standard in a way) can probably work. Perhaps the rest of the tracklist could be then arranged in a sort of a "stylistic" progression, without dictating what track should be in which style.

Btw the idea of chronologically advancing in time & production style is a very cool idea, but probably hard to coordinate and pull off. People probably want to do things in their own style anyway. The idea of bookending the album with the first and last game is very good though, and for two tracks (first in chippy style, last in modern "epic hollywood orchestral" which is the contemporary standard in a way) can probably work. Perhaps the rest of the tracklist could be then arranged in a sort of a "stylistic" progression, without dictating what track should be in which style.

I guess I didn't explain that aspect clearly. In fact, that's what I really intended. I just wanted to put that up, so people could be aware that this album is intended to try cover most genres of music. We want people to do what they feel is the best for their track, and then we'll work on how they'll be arranged within the album. My fear was that we'd get a lot of one style, and none of the others. But, by no means was that to restrict what tracks got what styles. If that is what came across, I apologize. Do what you feel comfortable with, and BorgMan and I will worry about the rest.

Hey there Sbeast! Just for the record, are you claiming Missile Mayhem?

Just had a listen to your F-Zero cover; sounded pretty good! A bit more variation in the arrangement department wouldn't hurt but if you're better now than at the time of that cover, I think it'll be allright ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surprise!

No, I'm not dead, and neither is BorgMan! In fact, now that things have settled down, we're pushing forwards faster than before. We've talked about it, and we have an end-all deadline. After this, no more ReMixes will be accepted (to allow for various finishing touches as a whole, as well as passing approval).

The FINAL DEADLINE is

JUNE 1st.

I'll be notifying all those on the list currently as well, by PM. We are still recruiting too! All, and any are welcome, under the conditions stated in the first post.

We have about 8 months until this due date.

Can I do Wood Man's theme from Mega Man II? Granted, it already has a few great ReMixes, but afaik all of them are electronica. I'm thinking chiptune-flavored indie rock/grunge.

...Also, I know they're technically Famicom games, not NES games, but I really hope someone does a track from Mother or Shin Onigashima.

Edited by Magnum Octopus

...Also, I know they're technically Famicom games, not NES games, but I really hope someone does a track from Mother or Shin Onigashima.

Sorry, I've talked to BorgMan about this. As this is an NES tribute album, we cannot accept remixes that were not from at least released on NES game. So, no Mother. Perhaps another opportunity will come up for that.

Yeah, that makes sense. I figured it was at least worth asking about.

Clu Clu Land, Kirby's Adventure, Dragon Warrior I-IV, River City Ransom, Tecmo Bowl, Blaster Master, River City Ransom, Donkey Kong 1-3, Wrecking Crew, and Rygar were all released in the US and are all fairly iconic, just to throw some more ideas out there.

(Clu Clu Land, Dragon Warrior II, Donkey Kong Jr., Donkey Kong 3, and Wrecking Crew have exactly zero ReMixes between them. Someone should totally get on that.)