igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

Is requiered any type of experience to participate in this album?

I didn't make any song/remix before and this could be a good (and hard) challenge for me, or should I make various song before attempt to participate in any project? (for the shake of the quality) :-?

Is requiered any type of experience to participate in this album?

I didn't make any song/remix before and this could be a good (and hard) challenge for me, or should I make various song before attempt to participate in any project? (for the shake of the quality) :-?

Si está haciendo su primera vez un remix, usted tendrá un tiempo muy difícil conseguir en un álbum. Usted puede intentar, sobre todo si quieres un reto.

As far as quality goes, the album directors for any OCR album will want to know what you are capable of, quality-wise. Therefore, it is a good idea to have some example work on hand before diving in (I tried that once, and it didn't turn out well).

As far as quality goes, the album directors for any OCR album will want to know what you are capable of, quality-wise. Therefore, it is a good idea to have some example work on hand before diving in (I tried that once, and it didn't turn out well).

Depends of director. My first project was SD3. I was total noob that time, still, Rozovian took me on board and create another OCRemixer.

Si está haciendo su primera vez un remix, usted tendrá un tiempo muy difícil conseguir en un álbum. Usted puede intentar, sobre todo si quieres un reto.

Depends of director. My first project was SD3. I was total noob that time, still, Rozovian took me on board and create another OCRemixer.

Better I should wait to another album and start working on my portfolio. Thanks for the answers.

PDD: Also thanks for writing in spanish, made me laugh, it sounded completely like a robot and algo like you were speaking with an old man (by saying "usted", in South America is normal but in Spain is only used to speak to unknown people or old people) :razz:

Probably my english will sound like you were speaking with an Indian.

(by saying "usted", in South America is normal but in Spain is only used to speak to unknown people or old people) :razz:

Probably my english will sound like you were speaking with an Indian.

Nah, you're fine.

I keep forgetting about differences between Latin/South American Spanish and European Spanish. Another difference is ustedes vs vosotros.

By indian do you mean India or Native American?

I'm just going to go ahead and post what I said to Touchstone in here :)

The start was abrupt and could use a touch-up. I'm particularly fond of those little drums that have their moment of fame at 0:34. If he starts with those, that would be a killer opening. Synth at 1:10 is awesome, as is the slowdown at 1:42. Xylo at 2:22 provides a welcome differentiation to the track. I think the buildup he employs there does the track good.

Quite frankly... I'm digging this. It sounds good, even though "harder"-rock isn't usually my style. He does some nice things to the source and all in all I wouldn't be surprised if we got this through the judges with a mix-flood post, even though the production has to be clearer. But that's a thing to worry about later down the road. I agree about the muffled part, but I think that can be fixed easily. The track sounds like a mid-album one, to swoop the listener back up after a few easy-on-the-ears sets. I was hoping this was good. I'm not disapointed. I'd say give him Athletic as well!

• 3 weeks later...

So, here's the tentative recruitment deadline:

FEBRUARY 20TH, 2015.

Now, with a case-by-case analysis, this will be final. Time is not in the album's favor, and BorgMan and I have to look at it realistically. If you swear on a stack of bibles that you'll get a mix done before the absolute final deadline, we'll think about it.

Hope this isn't coming out harsh, just letting you all know. So if any silent watchers have been on the fence on this project, now's the time to act. About a month left for recruitment.

• 2 weeks later...
recruitment ends tomorrow, right?

In reply to your question,

RECRUITMENT ENDING TOMORROW.

This means that unless an exception is made (which might happens, depends on who wants to join, etc.), we will not be accepting any more people on the project, and we will start pushing for WIPs to be submitted. Preferably, we would like to get this project official before the final deadline, but we've given ourselves a cushion just in case.

Anyways, that's all I got.

Alright, with recruitment now closed, here's the list of those on the project (just names, more information on the main post):

We have Showroom Dummy, EC2151, Anorax, milothefultz/YamaYama, Trev, Mak Eightman, Sbeast, evktalo, jorito, supercoolmike, nckmusic,and sixto.

Now, let's see if we can move this to official status ASAP!

**Concerning milothefultz: while he officially posted after Feb. 20th by my clock, time zones and simmilar crap will make me overlook the slight time delay (it was only an hour).

Edited by Touchstone

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, after a short hiatus, I am back, and ready to push this ever forwards!

So, here's my plan of action, and I would love any and all feedback.

Step 1: Get at least 3 songs in the "Complete" phase.

Step 2: Apply for offical status.

Step 3: If Step 2 doesn't succeed, attempt after 2 more songs have been completed.

Step 4: If Step 2 does succeed, move on to getting all songs completed, mastered, and correctly formatted by the final deadline.

Step 5: Artwork and various meta stuff.

Step 6: Release! (Against the record, I may add.)

So, I will start sending out PMs to all those now involved with ITC, and I expect WIPs ASAP. I'll put up more specific deadlines at a later date, just know now that July is coming fast, and we'll need everyone on their A-game. And with that, I've got nothing else to say. Hope to hear from you all soon!

I'm too lazy to see if I asked this before in this thread:tomatoface:, but is there a standing list of people who are willing to collaborate/act as resources (such as vocalist, guitarist, master kazooist, etc.)? If so, could that be added to the first post for ease of access? Thanks.

I'm too lazy to see if I asked this before in this thread:tomatoface:, but is there a standing list of people who are willing to collaborate/act as resources (such as vocalist, guitarist, master kazooist, etc.)? If so, could that be added to the first post for ease of access? Thanks.

...There's not...

Calling all those interested! If you are willing to help others with their remixes, in whatever way you can, just PM me, BorgMan, or reply on the thread!

...Honestly though, why didn't I think of that?