igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

Hello!

I have our schedule for the next few months ready, and as we are on a pretty tight time limit, these are pretty much nonnegotiable. Here they are:

Half-WIP: March 30th, 2015

Half-Finished: April 30th, 2015

All Final Stage/Finished: May 20th, 2015

Let me now if you think that these are too pressing. However, once we get official status (proposal in writing), these will be final. So put you two cents in now!

Alright, with recruitment now closed, here's the list of those on the project (just names, more information on the main post):

We have Showroom Dummy, EC2151, Anorax, milothefultz/YamaYama, Trev, Mak Eightman, Sbeast, evktalo, jorito, nckmusic,and sixto.

Now, let's see if we can move this to official status ASAP!

**Concerning milothefultz: while he officially posted after Feb. 20th by my clock, time zones and simmilar crap will make me overlook the slight time delay (it was only an hour).

so am I in? I posted that I wish to join 3 days before the deadline. Already been working on a wip to the song I wanted to claim ( Ninja Gaiden: Vow of revenge)

so am I in? I posted that I wish to join 3 days before the deadline. Already been working on a wip to the song I wanted to claim ( Ninja Gaiden: Vow of revenge)

Oh, I'm extremely sorry!!! Somehow I must have missed that when I went through the thread checking. I'll get to modifying the first post as well as that one as well.

I'm assuming that this is fine, but are we allowed to bring in collaborators that are currently not on the current project artist list?

This is a future-ready "just in case" question, not an "I definitely have someone in mind right now" question.

I'm assuming that this is fine, but are we allowed to bring in collaborators that are currently not on the current project artist list?

This is a future-ready "just in case" question, not an "I definitely have someone in mind right now" question.

Absolutely! In fact, I was thinking about a way to announce that. Well, I guess you did it for me. Your unintentional help is received in much grace.

• 2 weeks later...

Half-WIP: March 30th, 2015

Really like where I'm going with my remix. In this wip,there's a LOT of things I overlooked in this piece, but I was mainly going for bombastic emotions since this song is played when Ken Hayabusa loses his battle and dies. I'm Also not planing to have the song to be short (2 min atm). I kept those last few notes at the end as a teaser for more stuff to come.

source:

Remix:

https://soundcloud.com/the-game-to-be-retitled/vow-of-revengewip

Okay, it's that time! supercoolmike beat me to it, but it's our first deadline!

Every person on the list will be PMed by me sometime tonight, and note that this does not require your ReMix to be finished. I just want at least half of the currently claimed tracks to be moved into the blue stage, substantial WIP.

Also note that we are on a hard time limit. Not having one ready by this time is no big deal, but make sure to get one done by the next deadline. After all, June will approach fast.

I wonder if it'd be alright for me to claim another track while still working on the first one? I have a Mega Man 4 WIP I should get finished.

Go right ahead, just tell me the exact track, and I'll put you down.

Oh, and Trev, go and ahead take the MM title you want. Just let me know so I can mark it down.

I'll go head and do the titles from MM2. Thanks Touchstone!!

I will also go ahead and do Shatterhand (1991). It was an advanced game for the NES, and the music is also killer. So I think it should be included! Any objections? I haven't decided which area to do yet (suggestons?). Like the tracks in MM2 they're all quite good.

I'm contemplating if I should do another track or not. Permission aside, my main problem is that I didn't grow up with a NES and my nostalgia is mostly in MSX computer games. But some cross platform (Konami or Falcom) titles might be good for nostalgia and quality.

Thoughts?

If you can find a cross-platform with good music, go right ahead. Just (and this goes for everyone doubling-up on tracks) remember the time restrictions. That, and I haven't heard back about official status yet...does any one know the ETA on that?

• 3 weeks later...