igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

Hello all!

It's that time again, and we have a deadline! I will be sending out PMs to all on the list, notifying that all songs at this point should, at least, have a WIP to them. And half of those who already do, should be finished. However, this is not an end all deadlines. Two more remain, each about a month apart. However, this is no time to be lax. With an absence of response from the project board, we need to be ready to move to offical status quick.

Anyways, I'm going to get off my soapbox. Happy ReMixing!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, yet again.

It's that time, another deadline. Now, this one is INCREDIBLY important. If we're to keep on schedual, I'll need at least HALF of the WIPs to be turned in finished, or close to it. In the case that this cannot be met, ITC will press on, but I'll reserve to drop tracks if needed. I'd much rather this be turned into a smaller project than dropped completely. The dream of breaking the status quo on albums still burns strong, but I'll need all you guys' support to make it happen.

Okay. So, this is the big deadline. Please, PLEASE turn your tracks in. I would love to have everyone currently on the track list represented on the album. Unfortunately, I can't submit an album with half-finished tracks, so help ITC out. Turn in your tracks.

Hm, I sent over a finished version of my track 2 weeks ago. Didn't see it get marked as finished on the list yet?

Sorry about that. As soon as I can get on my computer (currently on my phone), I will go through, and update the list. Don't worry Jorito, I know that yours is finished. I can just occasionally forget to do simple details (like update a list).

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've updated the list, and I am happy to see the amount of completed tracks we have. Now, I've gotten a reply from Ev, I've still got nothing left from those with unfinished tracks. If you know someone on the list, help them out, it would be great for me. However, I will be contacting them again, hopefully with results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, a little bit of a dead period, but be assured, this project is not dead. I'm just waiting for the final versions of the marked tracks. If you know anyone on this list, don't be afraid to remind them of this relatively small project. As for a few, like Eino, I know that they're working on it, I'm just not sure if they're done.

Also, be prepared, as I've undergone some techinical difficulties within the past year, I may need the finished tracks resubmitted. Don't fret quite yet, though.

And that's all I've got for today.

oh, and BUMP.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've kindof hit a dead spot in progression. I don't want to drop tracks until we've gotten the greenlight from the Project Board, but I have tried contacting all pople with black or red text, and other than Evktalo, I've gotten nothing. It's just a waiting game now.

If you really want to release this project in october, you have to "have" art and all tracks done. Otherwise, this project will be released somewhere in may-june 2016... may be.

So if you ask me, I'd suggest to focus on gathering more remixers to cover more tracks and aim to may-june 2016. Waiting is good, if you know what are you waiting for.
My opinion. Who knows, may be everything will turnout nice even now. I'm on board anyway! Good luck!

If I don't get any reply by August 20th as to the condition of the album, I will reopen registering, and aim for some time in 2016, hopefully earlier than May. As for art, I have no clue as to who to ask. Any suggestions?

I did have my heart set on October 8th release, but I'd rather put this album out than X it for not meeting it. If worse comes to worse, it won't be a 30 year anniversary, but a plain old tribute album. Either way, this will be released! I swear on a stack of bibles that I will change the status quo for releases!

Ah. It feels strangely relieving to say that aloud(ish). That's all I've got for now!

Art, website.. This things need lot of time, don't forget about other projects. Some projects still in release process, despite all tracks and art, and other thigs were done few months ago.

Keep that in mind. Contact someone from OCR staff. Describe situation, tell what you have now and ask for advice. I bet they'll help. OCR staff are great guys! 
As for the art, pm Chernabogue. He knows what to do with arts, i think.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I am so so SO sorry to everyone about the silence on this album for the past few weeks. My internet went out, and I was forced to get a new provider. Luckily, that's all sorted out now, so I can resume the album. And, as you might expect, I have not received a reply as to the state of the album (believe me, I double checked my email when I got internet), so recruiting is now open!...Again!

I am still working on album art and figuring out a site, but that can wait for now.

Also, for those who still have red or black claimed tracks, I am unfortunately going to start dropping your claims, with the exceptions of those who have PM'ed me (you know who you are). However, this won't be instantly. The deadline for a track to get out of the black or red state, unless arrangements are made beforehand with me, is September 30th. Unlike some of my other deadlines, this one will be strictly enforced. If I do not receive a PM from you, then your claim will be dropped.

It's time to get ITC moving again!