igNoring thE craSh - An NES Tribute Album [FINAL DEADLINE: AUGUST 10TH]

Touchstone

Alright, 5 days 'till the deadline for track drops...and I haven't heard a single thing.  :evil: I hope that changes, or else I will have to drop the red/black tracks.

On another note, send me some concept art, Coop, and I'll look at it (In all honesty, you can probably do the art). And if any other artists are watching, ITC will still need more that one persons are (if you're a website designer, please take note of this sentence.

Anyway's, that's my bump.

• 4 weeks later...

So, slight delay, but marching band is over, so I can now refocus.

Unfortunately, that means dropping tracks. I have to unfortunately announce that sixto, EC2151, and Showroom Dummy have been dropped off of the list. The only reason that Supercoolmike remains is I have gotten a response from him (but still no track....).

Anyways, recruitment is reopened, so any can join again, just refer to the first post.

Until next bump,

touchstone

• 2 weeks later...

So, one album releases, and another draws closer...hopefully soon. Sorry for the small hiatus, but I am back, and back in action. This post serves to primarily reinforce the fact that recruitment has been reopened for this album, but not for long. Anyone who is interested just needs to PM me with a link to some form of work you've done, along with a prefered game and track. I'll evaluate, and let you know if you'd be let on. Simple really, and pain-free (the latter is not garunteed :)).

Anyways, that's all I've got for now.

• 1 month later...

So...for a lack of activity on this album, I am going to close recruitment, and begin to refocus on one, recollecting and finishing tracks, and two, getting the website and the art finished. Grand plans often lead to failure, so I'm going to satisfy myself with 8~9 track album. After all, any album produced by a "newbie" will break the status quo, right?

Honestly, I'm actually really glad ITC has gotten this far, despite missing its original release date. And don't worry, I'm not going to get sappy on you guys. I'll leave that for the release of the album.

Which will happen, I swear it.

touchstone

Dang, that second-to-last line sounded much more dramatic typed out than in my head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dang, has it really been almost two months since I've posted anything on this thread. Somebody slap me! No, seriously that's pretty bad. I didn't mean for this album to come so close to being forgotten (we were almost off the the first page of posts...), just some real life stuff came up. But, with renewed vigor, I am back and ready for action.

...So, does anyone here know how to put a website together? :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2016 at 2:46 AM, Just Coffee said:

Is this still an active album project? Would it be alright if I contributed two already finished tracks? One is from Contra and the other from Twin Bee. One thing though, I've already posted them on soundcloud. Is that going to cause some problems?

Yes, this is still active, and no, having them posted on Soundcloud isn't a problem. I'll definitely take the track from Contra, but could you link the Twin Bee track for me? 

20 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

Yes, this is still active, and no, having them posted on Soundcloud isn't a problem. I'll definitely take the track from Contra, but could you link the Twin Bee track for me? 

No Problem. Can I ask what the status of the album is currently? Because I've started working on a Ninja Gaiden remix and I could send that as well when it's done if there's still time.

https://soundcloud.com/justcoffee/just-coffee-no-gloves-twinbee-theme-remix

• 1 month later...

Oh gosh... how long has it been? Almost two months? Yikes...

Sorry all for the break of contact and activity. School got in the way, but luckily, that shouldn't happen for the rest of the year (yay graduation!).

And, as a new part of this project (half to keep me on track), I'm going to create a timeline, from now to release, and hopefully, we'll be able to make it.

...What, you were expecting the timeline in this post? Heck no! I've got a lot of things to try and put together in my head, and that's going to take a bit of time. However, I will let you know that my target release will be this October...ish. That gives us about 4 months to pull everything back in and get it polished, 1 month to master everything together, and 1 to release. No problem...right?

Now, let me get on that timeline.

Alright, a bit of thought later, and I've got a timeline laid out.

June 18th -- All tracks finished.

July 1st -- Track order set, meta finished.

July 18th -- Album art completed and complied.

August 1st -- Website finished and running.

August 16th -- Project proposal finished and submitted.

August 17th -- Waiting for approval begins.

Unfortunately, I cannot make any plans after the submission of the proposal. Hopefully, it won't take too long to hear back and get approval, but no promises. Finally, I will be PMing this timeline to all of those working on the album, even if your part is already finished. After all, it's best to keep everyone in the loop.

That's all for now.

• 3 weeks later...

So, not much on this update, just mainly putting it out there that ITC needs a web dev. I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to HTML and CSS stuff, but not to the extent an album site probably needs. If you're really good with stuff like that, give me a PM. Currently, you'll have a decent shot of getting the position.

Also, there's a new name on the claim list. That's right, I've finally taken a track for my own. Don't know how well its going to turn out, but that's what the Workshop is for, right? Hopefully I won't end up being the weakest link track-wise...

• 4 weeks later...

Small bump this time round, mainly just checking in to see how those final few tracks are coming. I'm also currently investigating how to build a website, so if no one signs up, I'll be able to do a bit. And if all else fails, ITC will just use OCR's generic template, as much as I don't want to.

On 5/31/2016 at 6:23 PM, MindWanderer said:

I have the HTML/CSS/JS/whatever technical skills to build a website, but I'm rubbish when it comes to aesthetics.  If someone wants to design a page (layout, art, etc.), I can do the coding.

So, I have just messaged the current album artist if he will be able to do art, but if he's not, I don't think that will be a big deal. If you're willing, I'll be happy to have you as our web designer/coder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, it's been a while, right?

I've been a bit busy, but now is the time to refocus. Several deadlines have already passed, and as such, it's time to crack down. All golden track submitters  (aka, @Trev, @Mak Eightman, @Sbeast, @Jorito and @milothefultz), I need you to send me a .WAV file of your track. I have a new computer for rendering, and it is likely that files have been lost in the transfer. As for @Chernabogue, @Sagnewshreds and @evktalo, I need your tracks done. If you can't send me a finished version now, please PM with a general idea when it would be done. I need all tracks before I can submit our project, not to mention that ITC is already, effectively, 2 months behind scheduel.

I know this is sudden, and a bit forceful, and I really hope I'm not coming off rude. It's just high time I kick myself into gear, and get the project approved and moving towards release. My goal still stands, and I will not let ITC fall through.

... In fact, if you guys ever need to contact me directly, I have a TeamSpeak-esque program called Discord, which is absolutely free, and you can even voice chat, should you so desire. Join ItC's server here: https://discord.gg/pSA5tC6

Well, that's all for this bump, and re-ignite post. I hope to see some people hop on Discord soon.

Touchstone.