OCR02908 - Super Mario 64 'Grab the Blue Coin!'

Liontamer

This is one cool mix. I do like the steady single-note bassline with harmonies changing on top of it, I'm a sucker for that sort of stuff. Nice piano breakdown action for variety. The use of the classic underground bg theme is worked really well into the arrangement, I didn't even recognize it on the first listen and it was so cool to spot on the second (after reading the writeup). I also appreciate that the track is fairly long, but doesn't really feel like it.

Now this is a dance track I can get behind. The amount of variety and changes as the ReMix goes on keeps the energy high and the track fresh. Loving the section around 4:00 onwards myself. Where the N64 expanded on the underground/cave theme, you expanded upon even more. Very nice work, Sole Signal.

• 1 year later...

This is awesome. I love the Underground theme from SMB series quite a lot and every its remix for me is a true joy, especially if it's done rightly. And I also love high-energy EDM. And this is the case when these two things met together. So, what is the result? This gorgeous tune and some happy person ;) Gotta admit, though, sometimes it's hard to recognise the source here.