PRC273 - Results: Help, There's a Yoshi in the Garden (Yoshi's Island)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 273

PRCv11-13

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round Gercr and Evktalo submitted a song. Gercr claimed his second victory and won the right to select the source for this round.

Hi

Here is my pick

Is from

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Flower Garden. ( Make eggs, Throw eggs )

This song is really happy and upbeat, it always make me smile.

Links:

vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Smwyi1-1.mid

Thanks

PRC273.jpg

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES) - Flower Garden (Make eggs, Throw eggs )

MIDI or check the Vgmusic link in the quote above

Game Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

Even though this song already has been remixed at Ocremix, I've decided to accept this source. There's one remix, done by the great djpretzel: http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00232 which dates from 31-12-2000. From now on, I will accept sources which only has one remix at Ocremix, which was not submitted very recent (~<5 years), as well. However, I prefer songs which do not have an OC remix yet.

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. My signature is still death (I'm not sure if it ever will get back), but since you can still click on it to get to the ThaSauce page, I'll leave it intact.

To register and submit, do the following.

1. Click the Thasauce link mentioned above
  2. Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  3. Click on 'register' (at the bottom)
  4. Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  5. Continue the process by filling in your information.
  6. A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  7. Login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Wednesday June 25th 2014 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT): check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Since this round started later as usual (due to the extensions of the last round), and the Dutch soccer team plays against Chile on Monday, I've decided to give one more day. EDIT: Deadline 25-06.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC274.
  7. The winner of PRC272, Gercr, can't take part in this round, but he may submit a Bonus Mix and his vote counts twice.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

Edited by Bundeslang

I haven't even played the game, but I know this great tune, can't believe it's not an OCRemix.

It is, but only one back in 2000. Sources which aren't remixed for 10 years (at least not at Ocremix) are fine from now on if they only have 1 remix, however I encourage sources which aren't remixed at all.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 2 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, so they should vote for the other song. Leave the second and third box empty.

They get a free first place if they vote, which means that it does not matter for the results. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments.

Gercr's vote counts twice.

You have until THIS Friday, June 27th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC274.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

If anyone have issues voting via ThaSauce you can vote by sending me a PM at Ocremix.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 3

Maximum possible score - 9.

And the winner of PRC273 are Cash and hectictesseract with 8 points.

Congratulations Cash and hectictesseract, you tied for the win. This means you not only win the right to select the source for the next round, but you also won the last place wooden spoon (which is now a first place wooden spoon). You both may select a source for PRC274. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

Do it as fast as you can, but before this sunday.