Creation the State of Art (Remix) - Rez

Hi, this is 1 of 2 remixes from Rez that I have made recently, this one is originally done by Ken Ishii.

I have not mastered it yet so you might have to turn it up a bit compared to commercial tracks, but I think it is finished otherwise, unless anyone has any criticisms/suggestions of anything to change?

https://soundcloud.com/stateofcreation/creation-the-state-of-art - My Remix

I am new here and a bit unsure of how to name it if anyone could help with that? It says to choose an original name, so would 'Creation the State of Art (SoC Remix)' or similar not be correct either?

'Creation the State of Art' being the original title.

If not then some suggestions for a title would be appreciated too :smile:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and any feedback is appreciated!

Try thinking harder for an original title. I never do "Source Tune Name (Artist Name Remix)" these days. Also, check to see how much of the source tune you used. Should generally be over 50% of the track length or so.

The remix itself sounds sparse. The majority of it is sound effects, drums, and progressive elements. 2:10 really needs more elements. On something like an iPad, with little bass, you'd be hearing almost silence. Overall, there's not much development going on quickly enough.

Thanks for the feedback!

I will get thinking of an original title then. I just wondered because it seems the more done thing traditionally in the music world (like on singles etc), since it is a remix of the title that the original artist named, and it makes it instantly recognisable as such. But I guess you can make it both original and obvious at the same time!

As for the music itself, I like repetitive/minimal music and have a bad habit of getting stuck in that mode when making it :P but in this instance I feel the original is too in a sense and I wanted to keep that hypnotic/trance driving feel that the game has, but maybe you mean its sparse in a different sense?

I haven't played it on other devices yet (Silly of me!) I will do that tomorrow and see what can be done about it, especially the 2:10 mark in particular.