Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 18: Raiden 2 - Stage 1

Raiden_Fighters_2_04.jpg

Midi

Starts: 20/06/2014

Ends: 02/07/2014 2pm Wed

Vote Ends: 04/07/2014 8pm Fri

Submit your remix Here when completed.

**If you have technical difficulty with account activation at ThaSauce, please contact Ramaniscence via pm**

MISSION STATEMENT

The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. A modicum of originality is recommended, but not required.

All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct *

MnP Instructions

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.

2. Any genre is acceptable, so long as you can still capture the source tune's mood and a good chunk of the notation. Orchestration turned into Achapella, for instance, would be a hard sell...

3. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).

4. Only 1 entry per participant.

5. Previous winner cannot participate, but can submit a bonus, as well as have a vote that counts 2x

6. Submission must be made specifically for this competition, otherwise it will have to be a bonus track. Taking an old idea of yours and heavily revising it is permissible.

Example Tracks:

FF7_SonOfChaos,

SMW_Monstrous_Turtles,

Hitman_Contract_Cleaner,

MISC/TIPS

- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.

- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

- Certain sad or moody source tunes don't have drums or percussion for a reason. So keeping it that way may be the easiest way to retain much of the original feel, such as

and

MnP

Edited by HoboKa

Hmmmm...

I'd LIKE to submit something, and I have something to submit, but there seems to be an issue with ThaSuace allowing me to register, as it won't send me an activation email :?

Any spells to fix this or get around it?

Yeah, I can submit in for you this round and hopefully by next time your account will be activated. Send me a pm with a download of your submission. Thanks!

Hmmmm...

I'd LIKE to submit something, and I have something to submit, but there seems to be an issue with ThaSuace allowing me to register, as it won't send me an activation email :?

Any spells to fix this or get around it?

And the virus has spread.

Yeah, I can submit in for you this round and hopefully by next time your account will be activated. Send me a pm with a download of your submission. Thanks!

Done.

And the virus has spread.

Ha, yeah. I was actually planning on doing something for the previous round, but I got distracted with another project and ran out of time >_>

Done.

Ha, yeah. I was actually planning on doing something for the previous round, but I got distracted with another project and ran out of time >_>

For getting your acc at ThaSauce set up: Contact Ramaniscence via pm. If that doesn't pan out, then pm Bundeslang - I think he can contact Rama through other means.

For getting your acc at ThaSauce set up: Contact Ramaniscence via pm. If that doesn't pan out, then pm Bundeslang - I think he can contact Rama through other means.

Nope, I contacted Ramaniscence via pm as well, so it is easier to contact him directly. He's online many times, so probably it won't take long before he will respond.

Done.

Actually I meant the problem of ThaSauce not wanting to send an activation email haha

10-4. Do what Bundeslang says guyz. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna throw this on the front page for future reference.

For now, I edited the remixer name of the song to Blaine. I also corrected GrapplingHook's song of last round.

You can edit remixer names by logging in, click Admin (only Admin's like Hoboka and me can do that), click 'MnP', the current round (which is on top of the list), click 'Edit' right to the song you want to edit and then change the user (in this case, from 'hoboka' to 'Blaine').

I use this option also to edit song names, for example to add that it's a Bonus Mix.

The extension is not needed this time.:nicework: