So that SGC thing in Dallas...

Hyperion5182

http://www.sgconvention.com/

What is SGC?

SGC is a gaming convention like no other! It's a three day party where gamers from around the world can come together and share their passion for video games. We're happy to announce that SGC 2014 will take place July 11th - 13th, and will be at the beautiful Sheraton Hotel in downtown Dallas, TX.

Event highlights include the following:

• A massive dealer room with up to 80 vendors.
  • A huge main stage that can accommodate over 1500 attendees comfortably for large panels and concerts that is streamed live to the Internet!
  • Two additional panel rooms which can each accommodate hundreds of attendees!
  • An expansive game room and arcade featuring consoles across all generations and a robust lineup of arcade cabinets!
  • Past guest speakers included YouTube celebrities and industry figureheads, such as; Adam Sessler, The Angry Video Game Nerd, Jim Sterling, and more!
  • An open call for other gaming websites to compete in a “ScrewAttack vs the Internet”!
  • The 8th annual Iron-Man of Gaming Tournament!
  • Live concerts of amazing video game related bands and DJs!
  • Table top gaming. We’re going old school!
  • 80,000 square feet of convention space with much more to be announced soon!

Looks like Keiji Inafune is gonna be there. This sounds like MAG for western people. Maybe the OCR guys over there should start hanging out here?

Edited by Neblix

Ah heck, if I'd known people could make it we coulda submitted a panel...

We went to the VERY first SGC and it was a blast and we met Bladiator and had breakfast and Sixto failed to appear, further confirming conspiracy theories that he's GrayLightning.

Nowadays we can't go to as many cons due to $$ and time restrictions and RL and what not, but this one woulda been fun... :(

Ah heck, if I'd known people could make it we coulda submitted a panel...

We went to the VERY first SGC and it was a blast and we met Bladiator and had breakfast and Sixto failed to appear, further confirming conspiracy theories that he's GrayLightning.

Nowadays we can't go to as many cons due to $$ and time restrictions and RL and what not, but this one woulda been fun... :(

Well I live here, so ya know :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in love with a few YouTube artists such as Smooth McGroove and those guys were all there! How awesome it would be to go there and meet people. I can't find where it says what SGC stands for on the otherwise aptly labelled "What is SGC?" section of the website. Does it stand for Screw Attack Gaming Convention?