Looking for Piano remixes

Kazaxat

I pulled up my piano playlist for the first time in a while today, and was reminded just how amazing some piano remixes of game tunes can be. It's been a few years since I last updated my list with any new tracks though, and I was hoping to add some more. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to search for a specific style of remix on here, so I thought I'd come ask the community.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any great piano-focused remixes or remixers they could point me to? It seems most of the remixers that made some of my favorites in the past (JigginJonT, Reuben Kee, kLuTz) haven't been active lately, so I'd love to hear some new suggestions.

The tags are a bit out of the way if you don't know where to look. :) They're at the bottom of any (most any?) remix review thread. Here's the tag search for piano pieces.

For specific pieces, I'd recommend The Trial in Concert, Dark Star Scherzo, A Rare Find, The Great Tentacle Pianist, Gau's Lament,

, and

. Those last 2 are on the FF VI album. ^_^

Jungle Jazz, Dino Band Rehearsal, and Yoshi's Lullaby are also pretty cool, although they're not strictly piano. :D

Edited by swansdown

Ah thanks, I suspected I was just missing a tag feature. I had searched for it on the remix pages, but hadn't thought to look on the review ones. The suggestions you gave are also nice, still listening through them but I've liked a few already.

I'll be combing through the tag search for more, but if anyone else has any favorites feel free to list them here.

See? More great mixes! ^_^

Ah thanks, I suspected I was just missing a tag feature. I had searched for it on the remix pages, but hadn't thought to look on the review ones.

No worries. :) It took me a few weeks to notice them. In a forum update they'll no doubt make the tags easier to spot.

Also, if you're ever looking for lyrics, they're on the main remix page (where you download and preview) behind a tab on the top left.

The tags are a bit out of the way if you don't know where to look. :) They're at the bottom of any (most any?) remix review thread. Here's the tag search for piano pieces.

For specific pieces, I'd recommend The Trial in Concert, Dark Star Scherzo, A Rare Find, The Great Tentacle Pianist, Gau's Lament,

, and
. Those last 2 are on the FF VI album. ^_^

Jungle Jazz, Dino Band Rehearsal, and Yoshi's Lullaby are also pretty cool, although they're not strictly piano. :D

Thanks for linking my remix! I also have The Setzer Sonata if you're looking for a more straightforward arrangement.

+1 for Dhsu. IIRC his mixes are what brought me to this site years ago. Also can't go wrong with Shnabubula.