How long does it take before auto-disconnect?

Bejack

Hi i was wondering how long before the system disconnects me automatically because i really like to open new tabs to read the topics that interests me. I know that if i don't do that i will forget stuff that i wanted to read but after like 10 minutes or so i get disconnected. Is it like this for everyone that are idle?

Hi i was wondering how long before the system disconnects me automatically because i really like to open new tabs to read the topics that interests me. I know that if i don't do that i will forget stuff that i wanted to read but after like 10 minutes or so i get disconnected. Is it like this for everyone that are idle?

Can't say I've ever heard of this happening to anyone else.

It shouldn't happen at all, server-side. VBulletin uses session cookies, so your getting logged out prematurely would be due to your cookies getting corrupted or cleared, or your internet connection going down (and even if your connection goes down, the cookies should persist in most cases). You might have an overzealous internet security program that's nuking your cookies.

It shouldn't happen at all, server-side. VBulletin uses session cookies, so your getting logged out prematurely would be due to your cookies getting corrupted or cleared, or your internet connection going down (and even if your connection goes down, the cookies should persist in most cases). You might have an overzealous internet security program that's nuking your cookies.

Ah yes... it must be my antivirus software (Bitdefender). It's not my internet connection as other sites where i log in i stay logged in until i disconnect manually but i will test this further. It's not really a big problem since i don't post a lot but a few times where it takes me more than a couple of minutes to write something i just copy my text to make sure i don't lose it when i press submit.

Thank you all for the quick replies :)

Ah yes... it must be my antivirus software (Bitdefender). It's not my internet connection as other sites where i log in i stay logged in until i disconnect manually but i will test this further. It's not really a big problem since i don't post a lot but a few times where it takes me more than a couple of minutes to write something i just copy my text to make sure i don't lose it when i press submit.

Thank you all for the quick replies :)

If it's something like that, try clicking "Save?" before you log in.

So i tried this with my phone and got disconnected as well after a few minutes so it wasn't my antivirus... It really is the fact that i didn't click the "save?" box before login in... I just never knew what exactly it wanted to save so i never clicked it... facepalm. I did try other sites like ebay where i didn't click the "keep me signed in" box but i never got disconnected. Anyway thank you for fixing this problem with me :)