OCR02918 - Tyrian 'Data Flux'

djpretzel

I thought there was quite a bit of low end on the piano reverb (EX: 1:55), maybe from the low cut being so low or just the piano tone itself like Justin said. The drums were hurt a bit from the whole ReMix pushing the limiter rather hard. Perhaps the bass guitar is a touch too boomy at times, and I wish there could have been a 4/4 ("normal time") section that was a tad more bassy more often (like the hit at 2:37), but those are minor things. I like the energy and cheery mood here, and though Vig makes sense that the humanization sometimes feels awkward, overall I think this is a pretty strong ReMix. Good job!

Edited by timaeus222

Having been away from the site for some time, I was thrilled when I saw a new entry for Tyrian. This track captured the feel of the level very well in my opinion. I expect I would have to listen a few more times to find the issues that others cited because I'm too fired up to care at the moment.

The intro to this was nice, but what really made my ears perk up was that piano and percussion combo starting at about 0:47 which lead straight into the rest of the mix. Cool choice of writing there. Lots of enthusiasm going on throughout the mix, and while there are certain production items that sounded a bit off or just came off as too much, there was really nothing that turned me off to it. Overall, intro was definitely the strongest part, but the whole mix was a nice piece of work. Not bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...