Video Game Music that makes you go O_O

WillRock

Love how split the youtube opinions are on the paintbrawl tune.

If i had somehow started playing guitar at age 6 and really gotten into it, my music probably would've sounded somewhat like that at age 20.

It's fun anyway, and with a little more thematic direction and more controlled bursts of randomness i'd really dig it.

Can't think of anything close to that level of insanity right now.

The earthbound final boss tune sure made me go O_O on first listen. That sudden break from faux chiptune into something as death metal as it gets on snes - pretty special.

It can't compare, but there's this one

from Aidyn Chronicles that genuinely disorients me. Something about the reverberation just throws me off while I'm playing. :puppyeyes:

This is actually bad rather than crazy. Seems ok up to 0:21, but then the flute starts playing random notes (sounds like it was composed by smashing keys randomly), and the added warbling instrument seems to be in a completely different key. Maybe the flute is supposed to emulate Hiroki Kikuta/Secret of Mana tunes. Anyway, it does start out quite nice.

The
for Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green is madcap crazy! :-o

Now this is quite cool!

edit:

That Extreme Boards and Blades. Now that's the stuff. The stuff indeed.

Edited by evktalo

Tilly, i'm having a good day so far. I was just saying, decide for yourself! If i read something into your words that isn't there, then sorry and nevermind!

But read what you wrote...it sure can be interpreted that way. All i'm saying is, be your own authority on what you think is good crazy and bad crazy. And if you're unsure, let it simmer and check back later. Or just call it plain and simple crazy.

By the way...smileys/emotes can confuse as much as they can clear up things in my experience. Recently had a pretty unpleasant exchange with a guy who kept using wink smileys, while saying very arrogant things. So the feeling i got from his digital "wink" quickly changed.

No need to play it safe with me...i'm not out to hurt people.

Praise in public, criticise in private.

Sorry dude, but i find that a little disturbing.

In other words,

Flatter in the open,

Chatter in the hidden?

I don't know man :(

I think we need honesty on both fronts. There is enough room in every thread to get sidetracked a little if it actually helps improve communication. I kind of pushed a button there i guess, and now we can work it out...pretty quick and easy too, in my book.

Peace!

I realize my comment to the Aidyn track TillyFun posted was a bit snobbish, perhaps? I can of course speak only how it sounded to myself, without the context of the game too. In hindsight my comment wasn't in the spirit of the thread (or maybe very good manners in general) so I apologize for that.

I do make the "bad crazy" and "just plain crazy" distinction myself. I'm not sure which one the

from Star Control 2 is. It certainly fits those demented jokers.

Hey, it's a normal distinction. In the end it does nothing but add "i like it" or "i don't".

I gave this consideration cause whenever you go " O_O" about something, there's a tiny chance you might discover something weird but totally genius. Your senses are shocked. It might just sound crap and annoying eternally but it can also have a hilarious element to it that grows on you. It can be good to not decide too soon about it!

Sorry for philosophy wank but hey, i'm an OL Remixer. Gotta dig for those nuggets in the poopoo.