OCR02925 - Castlevania: Bloodlines 'Find Me'

Music box with all the creepiness you could want was the kind of start I love in mixes such as this one. While the metallistic chugs of the guitars rock on, there is still a dark, evil undertone that add character to the mix, and I like that. There really isn't much I can say because a mix like this can make me sum up my feelings pretty quickly, but I can say that I believe this to be my favorite Mak ReMix to date. Keep it up, fella.

While metal has never been my favorite style, this mix pulled it off nicely.
I didn't even think of this as metal until you mentioned it. Sure, it has the power guitar, but it's so melodic and with so many other (very cool) elements, that it's really nothing like what I think of as metal.

Of course, this being Castlevania, I expect metal, so this is somewhat less metal just by comparison.

I don't mind not being able to understand the voices--I think that's the point--but the sibilants are a little harsh. Otherwise, yeah, a little dirty, but that's par for the course. The second half is just lovely.

• 2 months later...

If I'm going to enjoy a metal mix, it has to be one hell of a track. There are very few that fit my specific criteria, but this is definitely one of them. It's hard hitting, the guitar at 2:40min is goosebump worthy and it ends before it gets repetitive and overindulgent It's full, it's powerful, and it has been on repeat. I really, really enjoyed this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/4/2014 at 9:24 AM, timaeus222 said:

I dunno what the vocals are saying at 1:22, and a little much fuzz (read: 3000Hz) on the rhythm guitar, but other than that this is some good horror-like metal.

I wonder.. Vocals at 1:22?? Vocals??

On 7/4/2014 at 11:16 AM, MindWanderer said:

I don't mind not being able to understand the voices--I think that's the point--

Voices??

I'm scared