OCR02929 - World of Warcraft 'Heart of the Moon'

Can I just say how weird and wonderful it is to hear the immediately recognizable tones of your national instrument in an OC ReMix?

Fantastic arrangement and performance. Very well paced, comparing to the source I think you emphasized its dynamics to a great effect. Super fine sense of space. Even the biggest sections have lots of room. Props also to working the melody to a natural vocal piece. I had a thought that this is something that would've fit quite well on the soundtracks of the LOTR movies.

Erutan has such a beautiful voice and it really shows in this mix. As much as I reeeeeally wanted things to keep building and get really epic sounding with a full orchestra and powerful percussion around 3:08, Erutan did a great job with creating a mystical atmosphere. Any "lack" of instrumental background seems specifically crafted to achieve that perfect mysterious and soothing atmosphere.

Do recommend!

I recently discovered Kate's Raindancer album and promptly fell in love with it. I mean it when I say she creates some of the most beautiful, ponderous music I've ever heard, and this song is no exception.

I'm thrilled every time someone creates a Warcraft ReMix and this is such a good choice. I can see the pale, violet city of Darnassus in my mind's eye; so much care placed in every note. And I caught some of the night-elf-speak, which kind of made me happy. ;)

So yeah, thumbs up.

I just can't get enough of Kate's amazing vocals. I mean, there are quite a few female vocalists on OCR and beyond, and I'm not out to take anything away from them at all because they are truly talented, but I'm amazed at how consistantly awesome Kate's voice is, especially matched up with the instrumental music behind it that is just as gorgeous. Seriously, the music alone is well done, but as a combined track, the vocals and music compliment each other. There's something magical about this piece, and I think it's the enchanting pictures and mystically soothing vibes you get from the arrangement. Evktalo is right, I wouldn't have been surprised if someone tried to convince me that this was a LOTR piece or something similar. Going to my playlist right now.

• 1 month later...

DJPretzel nails this - what do you even say to this? The harmonization and beautiful instrumentals are enrapturing, and the flow of this piece is like going down a serene river, replete with bends and turns that keep things fresh and exciting. Of note is a neat difference from the stunning Rose Of May - the lyrics here are non-English, so Kate's voice sort of becomes its own instrument, and mixes even more easily into the gorgeous instrumentals. The effect is something truly special as the song waxes and wanes.

A must-listen.

• 1 month later...