Remixer name: Redg

My website: https://soundcloud.com/brent-wollman

UserID: 41181

Game arranged: The legend of zelda, and a link to the past

Name of arrangement: You Will Not Survive

Name of individual songs arranged: Underworld, The Goddess Appears, Game over

Remix link: https://soundcloud.com/brent-wollman/you-will-not-survive

Wherein Link dies twice then says "eh, fuck it"

Featuring the notable talents of Brendan Hannigan in the outro section. Check his Soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/brendanhannigan

Breakdown:

Intro-2:00 The Underworld Theme all the way. There's a little interlude with no real source usage near the beginning just before the plunge

2:00-3:00 The Godess Appears

3:00-3:55 Under World Theme is back with vengeance

3:55-4:38 Game over

4:38-out The Godess Appears

dungeon (NES):

game over (NES):

goddess appears (alttp):

This is insanely creative and very well produced. It's a bit medley-ish, but revisits the themes often enough to avoid that imo. My concerns are mainly with the odd transitions and with some of the suuuuuuuper sparse sections. I'm sure this was all done purposely but I'm not sure if it will fly or not. For me, this track is a piece of artwork just as it is, and I love it, whether it passes in this form or not. I'll wait to see other reviews, but for now I'm a

YES

• 2 weeks later...

:37.5-:55.5, 57.5-1:01.25, 1:07.25-1:14.75, 1:16.75-1:53.5, 2:42-3:20, 3:32.5-3:37, 3:38-3:55.5, 3:59.75-4:33.5, 4:42-4:47.5, 4:54-5:03.5, 5:06.5-5:10.25

178.5 seconds of a 5:55-long track or 50.28%

The outro arrangement sounded liberal, even though it's mostly a rhythmic change, but even with my conservative timestamping, the total source usage checked out as dominant regardless.

Awesome piece. It's definitely weird and not everyone's cup of tea, but it was super smart stuff all the way. Much like Brent's other pieces, it never stays in one place for long. Fun outro from (and a warm welcome to) Brendan as well. :-)

YES

Cool arrangement ideas from the get-go. Wasn't expecting the sudden change-up at :30. Honestly, the whole :30-:58 transition felt a little messy and unpolished to me. Not bad, but potential to be more effective. Some piercing high frequencies in this section to (but oddly not anywhere else in the song).

Beyond that though, cool movement throughout the mix. This is one of those mixes that defies simple categorization. Each new section used the original melodies in a creative and unexpected way. Really liked how things built up into a very full sound around the 3:10 mark. Of course, as soon as I say that it immediately switches into this crazy, twisting, mangling version of the dungeon theme.

Super creative & fun. As Larry mentioned, I think there will be quite a few detractors of this one. Too often with any sort of dark, downbeat electronic style there's the "oh noez this sounds liek dubstep, we hates it, precious!" Regardless, cool stuff in my book.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I love Brent's stuff. This cycles through several different songs and styles but with enough panache to make it feel like a connected piece; in fact, the only real criticism I can make of the song is that it's medley-like. It helps that Brent lays the crazy FX on so heavy in his songs - it's the metaphorical rug that ties the room together, makes it sound like a DJ mixing whatever random records are sitting on his floor. 1:41-2:02 was trippy as hell and an especially freaky section for anyone who's played the games. Wonderful soloing from Brendan to close it out. Have your

YES