OCR02933 - Final Fantasy IV 'La Fin de Zeromus'

Definitely recall this from the WIP forums. This was a pretty fun remix. I guess I would've liked a less sparse break from all that sub bass, but the wubs were nice and varied, and I actually think the drums were beefy enough. I do think though that the mix is bright enough, and that the cymbal is both more lofi than the rest of the mix and a touch too bright, but otherwise this is pretty solid. :)

Oh yeah, isn't "fin" masculine? =P

Edited by timaeus222

Haha, the opening being so toned down and chiptunish made me laugh, because Zeromus was such an easy opponent that it fit him in my head. The rest of the ReMix, however, was weirdly entertaining. While there were plenty of dubstep elements, it was honed in enough to enhance the melody rather than just distort it. 3:45 was were I really went "yeah, buddy, that's it!" though, because that line of beat was more my speed. All in all, an excellent listening experience.

To me, this mix is consistent-- like, REALLY consistent. Good and dubsteppy, it kept pounding away to a solid beat without fail, but that started to wear on me after a while.

I'm with Crulex, though; 3:45 gave me a renewed interested in the song at large, which was real cool. I liked it, and I'm very happy to see more dubstep appear on the site!

• 3 years later...

This was a fun arrangement to hear as a huge fan of FF4 and its soundtrack, a really cool variation on the original. It made me smile.

The pacing was fairly deliberate, especially the chiptune sounds kept a fairly even energy level throughout. I can see where the comments about perhaps being a bit too steady come from, but I enjoyed the approach overall. I thought it never going absolutely crazy was a valid way and made for a particular listening experience.