PRC275 - Results - Dracula likes to Drink Some Aquarius (Castlevania 3)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 275

PRCv11-15

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round two sources were available because of the tie of PRC273. Gercr and Xsquader managed to get a song in before the first deadline, so no extension was needed this time. Xsquader won and selected the round for this source.

Source:

I looked and didn't see this source on PRC or on OCRemix in general which I foud surprising. I choose the source "Aquarius" from Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.

and midi file can be found here - http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/CV3_Aquarius.mid

PRC275.jpg

Source: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES) - Aquarius

MIDI or check the Vgmusic link in the quote above

Game Wikipedia

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. My signature is still death (I'm not sure if it ever will get back), but since you can still click on it to get to the ThaSauce page, I'll leave it intact.

To register and submit, do the following.

1. Click the ThaSauce link.
  2. Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  3. Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  4. Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  5. Continue the process by filling in your information.
  6. A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  7. Login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by Wednesday July 23rd 2014 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT): check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC276.
  7. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

Edited by Bundeslang

Wait wait wait... I think I remember it being a source for a PRC, it might have been my first one, but I remember doing a mix for it. But it's my favorite from Castlevania 3, so I'll make something with a >90% chance.

Edit: Yes it was a source and it was my first PRC, PRC214

@evktalo: Please enter, I still have a close score to settle ;-)

Edited by Yami

Wait wait wait... I think I remember it being a source for a PRC, it might have been my first one, but I remember doing a mix for it. But it's my favorite from Castlevania 3, so I'll make something with a >90% chance.

Edit: Yes it was a source and it was my first PRC, PRC214

@evktalo: Please enter, I still have a close score to settle ;-)

Should I submit a new source? I see what happened. In PRC 214 the name of it was never mentioned. It was called "Stage 7 theme" so when searching I searched for Aquarius.

Edited by Xsquader
Fixing typos

Should I submit a new source? I see what happened. In PRC 214 the name of it was never mentioned. It was called "Stage 7 theme" so when searching I searched for Aquarius.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Well I'm not against that source, but let's see what Bundeslang decides (even if he didn't notice as well)

Didn't realize this. It happened before with Battlefield if I'm correct. Many sources have different names which makes it confusing. For me it's impossible to remember all those sources, and it's impossible to check as well.

I don't change the source, there's no need to send me a new source. Good luck everyone.

Didn't realize this. It happened before with Battlefield if I'm correct. Many sources have different names which makes it confusing. For me it's impossible to remember all those sources, and it's impossible to check as well.

I don't change the source, there's no need to send me a new source. Good luck everyone.

That's good. There appears to be a lot of interest and last time there were only a few and none from the people showing interest this time other than Yami, hopefully that is a good sign. Depending on how things go I might even be able to throw in a bonus mix.

If anyone want to remix last rounds second source (which didn't get any love last time), Rhytm Heaven Fever (Wii) - Flipper Flop, that is fine too (but I'm not going to edit the details for this round).

There's no MID available, but an MP3 is up at last rounds ThaSauce page:

http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/PRC274_Source%202%20Flipper%20Flop%20-%20Rhythm%20Heaven%20Fever.mp3

If anyone want to remix last rounds second source (which didn't get any love last time), Rhytm Heaven Fever (Wii) - Flipper Flop, that is fine too (but I'm not going to edit the details for this round).

There's no MID available, but an MP3 is up at last rounds ThaSauce page:

http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/PRC274_Source%202%20Flipper%20Flop%20-%20Rhythm%20Heaven%20Fever.mp3

D'oh gosh! Thanks, man!