Darkstalkers 3: Jedah's Damnation Tribute [Recruiting/Gathering Interest]

Shoejuggler

Darkstalkers 3: Jedah's Damnation Tribute Project

After reevaluating the project, I've decided that it will be much easier to make a remix album for Darkstalkers 3 rather than the whole series.

The idea behind this project is that since Capcom isn't exactly doing anything for the 20th anniversary of the game, and there seems to be a shortage of remixes as opposed to other Capcom titles, I believe the sounds of Darkstalkers would be good candidates for getting a tribute album. The songs themselves are too good to be left unappreciated if you ask me.

Since we technically aren't doing individual character themes anymore, all styles of music are welcome.

I think it might be possible to get this album finished by late 2017- early 2018. Ideally sometime around the fall season, but nothing's set in stone as of yet.

As this will be my first project, I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. I am looking for an assistant director who can help me coordinate this project. Collaborations are okay by me.

Tracklist
In no particular order

1. Forever Torment (Victor/Lord Raptor's Theme) - Claimed by Sbeast:

2. Tower Of Arrogance (Felicia's Theme)
:

3. Vanity Paradise (Hsien-Ko's Theme) - Claimed by Cidfox :

4. Deserted Chateau (Morrigan's Theme) :

5. Green Scream (Rikuo and Sasquatch's Theme):

6. Concrete Cave (Jon Talbain's Theme) - Claimed by G-Mixer:

7. Feast of the Damned (Demitri's Theme):

8. Red Thirst(Anakaris' Theme)
:

9. Q-Bee's Theme/
Iron Horse Iron Terror :

War Agony (B.B. Hood/ Lilith's Theme) - Claimed by Malcos:

11: Jedah's Theme/Fetus of God :

12. Abaraya 1: Link

13. Abaraya 2: Link

14. Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior Opening: Link

15. Player Select Screen 1 - Claimed by
Malcos:

Black: Open
Red: Claimed
Blue: First WIP completed
Orange : Second WIP completed
Green: Final WIP completed
Indigo: 100% Complete

Please PM me if you are interested in being a remixer, an arranger, an artist for the album cover, or an assistant director. Also, feel free to leave suggestions and comments about the project. Edited by Shoejuggler

• 1 month later...
I am very interested in this. I was just thinking about doing a remix to Morrigan's theme. I also like Lord Raptor, J. Talbain, and Jedah. Has anyone reserved tracks?

Well, nobody's claimed anything, so feel free to claim whatever track you want to remix.

Be aware of your own limits though. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

Dang. I can't believe nobody has responded. Darkstalkers has a great soundtrack.

I agree, although I am aware that other remixers are busy on other projects at the moment, so I'm not too broken up about it.

From the number of people taking peeks at this thread, I can see that there is an interest though. So I'll be patient, and wait for people to sign on.

Well, nobody's claimed anything, so feel free to claim whatever track you want to remix.

Be aware of your own limits though. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

I'll just work on some stuff here and there and post it up to see what you think. I just started producing again, but really want to do some remixes before I get back to making originals.

I'd be down for remixing Tower of Arrogance in the future, but I wouldn't be able to get anything to you for at least a couple months due to a bunch of other musical obligations.

Sure, that's fine. I was actually expecting remixers to be busy with other projects in the meantime, so that doesn't really mess up anything.

I put you down for Tower of Arrogance. Is that cool?

Okay, so it seems that the Darkstalkers 3 tracks are more popular with remixers than all the other songs in the series.

That's fine and all, but it's making me think that maybe I should base this whole project on the third game rather than then all of them. What do you guys thing about this?

Okay, so it seems that the Darkstalkers 3 tracks are more popular with remixers than all the other songs in the series.

That's fine and all, but it's making me think that maybe I should base this whole project on the third game rather than then all of them. What do you guys thing about this?

The third game was the most popular and in my opinion it was the strongest musically.

Just doing the third game might actually be a wiser idea. Reason being you'd have less tracks and therefore need less remixes and would finish the project sooner.

That's all quite true.

Even if we were to split the tracks that appear for more than one fighter, we would still have five less tracks.

I would like to add the character's end story themes for bonus/optional tracks though. What do you think?

Lastly, for the title, I was thinking of either calling the album "Vampire's Symphony" or "Jedah's Jam-nation". Anyone have any other suggestions?

Like what? Makai melodies, or something?

It could be just me, but I don't think the word "Makai" lends itself well to attractive wordplay.

I don't know, it was just an idea. My thought were just as cheesy. Like "Greetings from Makai" or "Makai Music Incorporated". My other equally bad ideas were "Monster Mash" and "Demon Dance Party".

Lol, either way, may I reserve Vanity Paradise? My friend is a Marvel Lei Lei player and asked me to do her theme. I didn't want to deal with the voices though so I am opting to do that instead. cool?

Okay, I edited the goals of the project, and reduced the number of tracks so we can finish it sooner. Hopefully, It'll attract more talent as well.

I also decided against including the characters ending themes as bonus/optional tracks.

Lastly, I think think the name "Vampire Maestro" would be a good name for the album, but I still think "Jedah's Jam-nation" is still a pretty rad title. Thoughts?

Okay, I edited the goals of the project, and reduced the number of tracks so we can finish it sooner. Hopefully, It'll attract more talent as well.

I also decided against including the characters ending themes as bonus/optional tracks.

Lastly, I think think the name "Vampire Maestro" would be a good name for the album, but I still think "Jedah's Jam-nation" is still a pretty rad title. Thoughts?

Out of those two, I'd vote for Jedah's Jam-Nation.

I always thought the perfect title for a darkstalkers album would be "The Shadows Compendium" but unfortunately Stephan Forte decided to call his solo album that...

Something along those lines would be perfect though. A title relating to an anthology of darkness.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

Out of those two, I'd vote for Jedah's Jam-Nation.

I always thought the perfect title for a darkstalkers album would be "The Shadows Compendium" but unfortunately Stephan Forte decided to call his solo album that...

Something along those lines would be perfect though. A title relating to an anthology of darkness.

Well, my inspiration for the name "Vampire Maestro" was the titling pattern for the Japanese versions of the games (Vampire, Vampire Hunter, Vampire Savior). I'm starting to lean over to that name right now.

But then again, "Jedah's Jam-nation" is too good of a pun to waste. Especially when we get an artist attached to this. Could you imagine the cover art?

• 2 weeks later...
so I started working on this today and I am actually meshing hsien ko's theme and the stage music together. Is that ok? I think it's coming out pretty awesome. I'll have a wip sometime in october

That's...not actually a bad idea. That's good to hear. Good work.

On that note, what do the rest of you guys think would be a conceivable deadline for your WIPs?

I'd like to get a general idea so I can make a due date for the first batch of remixes claimed.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, first off, I'm not dead; and neither is the project.

I have been talking with each of the artists collaborating to produce the album to determine a fair and plausible deadline for the first WIPs.

I'm thinking of having the deadline on February 3rd 2015. If all of you are comfortable with that, let me know so I can make it official.