OCR01477 - Mega Man 2 "Wily and the Deep Forest"

Well, Zircon and Vigilante have made some good posts. That's really all I was going for. Reason by the reasonings. I agree with you guys 100% (especially Zircon and the "familiar" samples) but sometimes I think most people can get a little lost in the production value and kinda forget that all of this stuff came from some of the worst, harshest sounding hardware from back in the day. Rock on.

• 3 weeks later...
I've never had sex, but I think that when and if I do, it'll feel something like this.

Your first time is going to feel like the section of the song that plays in 2:31 -> 2:38. Now you know. (the timer on my mp3 app is a little screwed up, so that section could actually be somewhere else in the song.)

Everything in the song is nice, except for the sci-fi sitars that come in at 1:16. The melody instrument used later, taking over at 3:15, is much better.

I've never had sex, but I think that when and if I do, it'll feel something like this.

Actually, unless something goes horribly wrong, it should be more like http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00464/ (especially 0:00-0:27, and the part at 1:43-2:09 which repeats on and off through the rest of the song)

Though, if both you and your partner are well versed in appreciation of music, it could be well worth developing an intimate knowledge of Wily and the Deep Forest.

• 2 years later...

Impressive. This is actually a really solid mix. My only complaint would not be the quality of the piano/string instruments, but their volume. I can barely hear the beginning and end of the song, and then the middle is quite loud. But quite good, too. The whole middle section, I loved. Not a huge fan of the slower parts, but one kind of gets over that with a varied, jumpin' midsection like this had.

• 1 year later...

There's a lot of rocking stuff here, but specifically the percussion is phenomenal. Crisp beats and good patterns make me a happy listening, and epiano and some funk certainly doesn't hurt.

This is the exact arrangement style that i love, with a huge attention to detail, and really solid arrangement. Production is ace as well; really everything about this mix is superb. One of Diggi Dis's best, and considering how consistent he normally is, it's definitely saying something.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01477 - Mega Man 2 "Wily and the Deep Forest"