Sign in to follow this  
DrumUltimA

finished Chrono Trigger main theme- Triggernometry (Jazz trio arrangement)

Hey everybody,

My jazz trio has been hard at work recording our rendition of the main theme of Chrono Trigger. It's finally done--check it out here!

Hope you enjoy!

I really like the improv done here. I especially love the bass lead at 2:35, and the C note the bass plays when the melody comes back in at 3:31

really solid instrumentation throughout, I never once heard anything that sounds fuzzy or any notes that didn't feel right. It's just all around really great, and anything involving brush sticks is going to get a thumbs up from me.

Also, just wanted to say that you're one of the first guys I ever saw from OCR, and your tracks are one of the reasons I wanted to start doing remixes in the first place. So keep up the good work!

Sounds great! Got scared a bit by the jazz word in the introduction but that was totally unnecessary, I actually really enjoyed it a lot :)

Kinda alright! Green with envy for the chops and talent and everything and enjoying the hell out of this. Props for getting props from Mitsuda as well.

Seriously awesome. I have never really thought of the Chrono Trigger Main Theme being translated into a jazz style, and I think you guys nailed it. I was expecting a little more in the way of reharmonization, but that's just me. Great playing from all three of you! Hope we hear more in the future!