Metroid Prime 2: Mire of the Hunter (Torvus)

Tuned Logic is back, ya'll! 8-)

I had this left over from a few years ago; it was created for the Metroid Prime OCR album that never really got off the ground, so I thought I'd share/gauge interest for submission.

This is a ReMix of Torvus Bog (Swampland, above ground) from Metroid Prime 2. Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/ngz7dm7

EDIT: Sorry, guys, link is fixed.

Edited by Tuned Logic

I remember listening to one of your remixes a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. This Torvus Bog remix is pretty good. The moment I started listening to it, I immediately forgot what I was listening to and thought of Donkey Kong Country until I heard a familiar arpeggio. I've been listening to this non-stop just entranced by the sounds. I like how the progression builds up in this.

It's reminiscent of the source, which I haven't listened to in quite a while, so that's good. Unless it's too conservative, but there's a lot of detail you've added to it. Nice sound choices, really cool sound design.

It might be a little on the loud and bright and... well, forcedly loud sounding. For something with a little bit of a chill vibe and not a relentless aggressive pounding, it seems mixed a little too hard. It bothers me.

• 1 month later...
It's reminiscent of the source, which I haven't listened to in quite a while, so that's good. Unless it's too conservative, but there's a lot of detail you've added to it. Nice sound choices, really cool sound design.

It might be a little on the loud and bright and... well, forcedly loud sounding. For something with a little bit of a chill vibe and not a relentless aggressive pounding, it seems mixed a little too hard. It bothers me.

Interesting you say that.. and yeah I went missing for a while :bang head:

I'll try and make things a bit softer.