Greetings OCRM! I have a question for you. ;)

Greetings brothers and sisters! I've just been a'watchin a while -- you know, lurking the forums. I started lurking when my friend showed me this site. I had no idea what it was about, but I've gained a bit of knowledge from my experience here. This is my first post, so I hope you are all as nice as you appear. And so I'm going to take a dab at requesting help. Now, don't get all frisky -- I would rather have no help at all then somebody that can't respect me. Hope I'm welcome here by the way.

First off, this might be considered a newbie question to some, and I'm sorry. Albeit I'm new to the whole composing & remixing plan of attack, I don't consider this a newbie question.

Aiite here goes:

Recently, but before I joined OCRM, I acquired Sonar 4 Producer Edition because I heard it was relatively easy to use -- yet POWERFUL. I've found this to be exactly true. When I started out, I had no idea what a soundfont was. I made one simple MIDI and jibber-jabbered a bit with the different midi instruments. After my lurking scheme was over and I decided to stop viewing on a buddies account (thus making my own), I found out that basically, you can make your MIDI notes and make them sound a LOT better by using SoundFonts. And so, as even a mere fool would expect, I followed-up on the trend -- I made a basic sound in Sonar 4 using the piano soundfont. Nothing too tricky, but pretty good considering it's only my second project (and I've never studied any sort of musical theory). Now, when I did this, it sounded a LITTLE better, but something was missing. What's the first step when encountering a problem you might ask, staring me a fool. Well, doubting your thoughts, I have to answer "Google". And so it happened and I figured out my problem. Apparantly on Sound Blaster Audigy cards (I have an Audigy ZS 2. Now I know it's not the best card in the world, but please -- let's not get sidetracked) you have to output everything to Synth A *AND* Synth B. Well, I followed the steps on doing that. What felt absent before had now shown itself, and it sounded amazing. A LOT better. Then the problem --

-- After playing the song for a while (or hell, something, which I havn't discovered yet), my Synth A Output completely shuts off. This Synth A Output also apparantly includes all my computer's sounds, outside of Sonar. The only way to get them back is to give 'er the ol' reboot. Oh, and by the way -- when that happened, Synth B worked completely fine. To test it, I muted the Synth A outputs yet keeping the B, and I heard it. When I did just the opposite, no sound was playing. I thought to myself, "Maybe my computer is just adjusting. Or maybe it's just something random because...you know...I'm using Windows". After rebooting, I tried again --

Same problem. And Again. And Again. And Again. And so here I am now, requesting help. It would make my day if somebody could help me out. I hope I was clear enough, and so this ends my first post!

<3 Me.

Aww..snap. Just remembered something. This might help:

Windows XP SP 1

Sonar 4 Producer Edition

512 MB RAM

2.6 GHz P4 W/ HTT

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (12/8/2005 Drivers)

And also, ever since I reformatted my comp, "Multimedia Audio Controller" has always shown up in Device Manager, but with no drivers (shows the yellow alert symbol). Thought that might have something to do with it.

=)

Recently, but before I joined OCRM, I acquired Sonar 4 Producer Edition because I heard it was relatively easy to use -- yet POWERFUL.

lololololololol

you silly little pirate you.

and i'm pretty sure that's why it's not working.

btw ask multiple questions in one topic, you damn topic whore.

cheers

are you sure?

anyway, giving you the benefit of the doubt,

And also, ever since I reformatted my comp, "Multimedia Audio Controller" has always shown up in Device Manager, but with no drivers (shows the yellow alert symbol). Thought that might have something to do with it.

=)

try reinstalling your drivers.