OCR03067 - *YES* Mega Man X 'Charge! Towards the Sunset of Intergalactic Dictatorship *RESUB*'

Palpable

original decision

Contact Information

> ReMixer name: HeavenWraith

> Real name: Antanas Palaitis

> Website: http://www.heavenwraithmusic.net

> Forum userID: 50325

Submission Information

> Game: Mega Man X, Mega Man 2

> ReMix Name: Charge! Towards The Sunset Of Intergalactic Dictatorship

> Original Name: Boomer Kuwanger Stage (MMX), Metal Man Stage (MM2)

> Original Author: Makoto Tomozawa, Setsuo Yamamoto, Toshihiko Horiyama, Yuki Iwai, Yuko Takehara (MMX); Manami Matsumae, Takashi Tateishi (MM2)

Now with less snare! I kind of understand what Larry wants me to do with the transition between the two themes, however I feel that something fast and not pace-breaking would be more loyal to the original idea I had for this remix back in 2012. I sure hope this new rendition doesn't tick anyone off too much!

Edited by Palpable

• 3 weeks later...

That snare still sounds really woody and too upfront to me, I still think it has too much in the mids. It's like the snare has a pitch and I really shouldn't be so aware of the pitch of a snare. It also seems to have too long of a tail. Honestly I just don't find this to be a good snare sample. But at least it is quieter. Too good an arrangement to hold back on just the snare anymore. Something to be aware of on future productions, though.

YES

Good energy here for the track. Sounded like there was mid/low-mids scooped out of a lot of the instruments, so there's some room to fill things out a bit more IMO.

Snare gets a bit repetative IMO, but not terribly so. Good guitar performances. The various guitar effects and transition parts were a great addition and make the track a ton more interesting.

Felt like the synth lead at 1:36 was too buzzy and static sounding (not enough variation in the timbre of the sound). Doubling the guitar lead with the synth helped support it much better, though.

Good stuff there. There is room for improvement on the production side (all minor issues in my book), but overall nice track.

YES

Sorry for not voting on it to help close it out. The balance and tone of everything was substantially improved, and even the really weak transition from before was redone to NOT break the flow of the piece. There were still some minor issues like the drum shots sounding too similar/machine-gun-ish in intensity for some periods of time, but the sum total of the changes definitely got this where it needed to be. Major props on your persistence, Anthony! That kind of determination is what will make you a cut above the rest.

YES