OCR02945 - Donkey Kong Land 'Banaqua'

Liontamer

Partway through the remix, I was like "ok, this is pretty sweet, but I need to know how much of the sweetness was already in the original." So I went and listened to the source material, which I hadn't heard before. It was kind of sweet, but this arrangement is mega sweet. It's like I'm swimming in liquid music. The harmonies and progressions and textures are so good.

SO GLAD Donkey Kong Land made it on to the album. Often overshadowed by the Country series, the Land games held their own - especially with the limitations the Game Boy had - Rexy nailed it in her comments. DKL was the first Game Boy game I ever owned, and I played it to death.

This track is great and is making me nostalgia so very hard (as is the entire album). It sounds great, it grooves great, and I love it. YAY!

I never played the GameBoy Donkey Kong games, only SNES, but I listened to this mix anyway with the idea that perhaps there would be some tune similarities to the SNES games. I didn't really pick up on anything significant, but it didn't matter - this was a beautiful song to hear, even without knowing the source material.

I also found what Rexy wrote to be rather profound. Beautiful statements to match the beautiful song.

Nice work and happy birthday, Rexy!

I am unfortunately also one of those people who are not familiar with the Land series for the most part, having had the Country stuff from the SNES. However, taking the ReMix in itself, this is a gorgeous mix that would really be perfect for something called "Kremlantis Submerged" in a newer DK game. Really brings to mind a watery adventure that has lots of energy, but some mystery in the background as well, as many great watery tunes have. This is quite impressive, Rexy, and I have to say that I think this is one of my favorites off the album. Awesome stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Rexy! This is fantastic, far and away my favorite track from you so far! :-D I'm constantly impressed with the level of beauty that people are able to extract from the source, which has a ton of potential but is difficult to fully appreciate with the limited sound quality of the Gameboy sound chip. This would be right at home in an HD remake of Donkey Kong Land, you really captured the source's essence.