The 2014 Shining Force II 20th Anniversary Mix Drive

Eino Keskitalo

Heyah, it's deadline day! You have basically 12 hours to finish up and send me the tracks. =) Rexy prefers 320 kbps MP3 as the format. Sooo.. yup. HoboKa's Devastation track is sounding mighty good, Audio Sprite was already asking where to send his Wandering Warriors track, my Castle theme (with an unsurprise guest) is sounding quiiite badass (a chunk of work to be done still), Esperado is working on his chillout take on Water Goddess Mitula.. and there may be more to come!

I'm super excited for the Sega Mixer Drive show this Friday. The SFII isn't quite going to take over the whole show, but Rexy has a fitting theme for the show: Sega RPGs! I'm certainly looking forward to that & I hope lots of you can join in as well, or at least check the podcast later!

WE'RE DONE!

We set out to honour the soundtrack of the Shining Force II in time for its 20th anniversary of the NA release, and we have done it! So many thanks to everyone who stepped up to help out! There were also many who wanted to join in but couldn't - thanks for their support too and I hope you all can catch the SEGA RPG SPECIAL on Sega Mixer Drive! Rexy's show this Friday is all about the Sega RPG series and this is where our tribute will be featured. The show is on Friday 17th at 9PM UK time (1PM PDT / 4PM EDT / 10PM CET) on RadioSEGA! https://www.radiosega.net/listen/

Here's the list of tracks:

The Audio Sprite - Wandering Warriors - done!

Eino Keskitalo & Tuberz McGee - Castle Theme - Not too bad!

Eino Keskitalo - Wandering Warriors TECHNOMANGA - Finished? 2014/10/10

bitlegs - Shrine (Bitlegs Vision Questing) - on soundcloud!

HoBoka - Devastation - done!

Supercoolmike - Water Goddess Mitula - https://soundcloud.com/the-game-to-be-retitled/supercoolmike-sanctuarywater-goddess-mitula

Supercoolmike - Last Moments - https://soundcloud.com/the-game-to-be-retitled/supercoolmike_marching_disasterlas_moments

Esperado - Water Goddess Mitula - done!

Also check out:

People's Remix Compo round 277 with arrangements of Wandering Warrior by gercr & HoBoka

Meat 'n Potatoes remix compo round 23 with Water Goddess Mitula as the source - FOUR arrangements! Won by Chernabogue

People's Remix Compo round 280 with the Town Theme as the source - gercr is the sole competitor & winner with a cool fusion-y take on the theme

using instruments & style of the soundtrack

Yes! It came out a day or two ago.

I wanted to do a big write up with fanfares and all, but it seems that would only postpone it. :)

So here we go: Sega Mixer Drive 2014/10/17: SMD Quest (Sega RPG Special featuring The 2014 Shining Force II 20th Anniversary Mix Drive

The show was a ton of fun, lots of people showed up and commented on IRC generously! Plenty of the arrangers were around too. Every song sounded great on the show. It was fantastic to have an event like that for this music. An award-speechful of thank yous to everyone who took part & Rexy especially who took the idea on board!

Yes! It came out a day or two ago.

I wanted to do a big write up with fanfares and all, but it seems that would only postpone it. :)

So here we go: Sega Mixer Drive 2014/10/17: SMD Quest (Sega RPG Special featuring The 2014 Shining Force II 20th Anniversary Mix Drive

The show was a ton of fun, lots of people showed up and commented on IRC generously! Plenty of the arrangers were around too. Every song sounded great on the show. It was fantastic to have an event like that for this music. An award-speechful of thank yous to everyone who took part & Rexy especially who took the idea on board!

prob my first album radio show I attended - and it was a real ball!! Thanks Eino, Rexy and all others who participated!!! :)!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Oh yes, this was a great drive, this was so much fun and I'm still so thankful for everyone involved!

The links to the podcast were broken, and I've now fixed them ... I still recommend grabbing the show here ... especially check out Sir J's massive SFII medley at the end of the second SFII block a bit past the 1:27 spot.