OCR00501 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Teen Turtle Tryp"

Ginnsu

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 'Teen Turtle Tryp'

Cowabunga dudes! This piece is awesome, with a very interesting sounding, sliding lead instrument. Doesn't remind me too much of Turtle power, but very well done all the same. Great music Kain Minter and Roddy Toomim, keep it coming.

• 3 months later...

Ahhhh.... Ninja Power.....

But enough with that. This remix has it all. Remixing is done at a level most never dare go. Drums really bring out the song. No, what REALLY brings out this song in its fullest is the base. Kudos to you both. Short interms give the song flip flop the song, while the handclaps bring out the beat. Its a shame no one really pays attention to TMNT songs, they give room for so much.

NINJA POWER! COWABUNGA! ok. I'm done.

• 7 months later...

WOW this mix is awesome! i own this game and it brings back such good memories. heh actually i swear the music was the one redeeming factor of this piece of shit game- the other turtle games rock tho. but of course they were the arcade games and i have no clue of their release otherwise

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After hearing this remix, I just felt a whole rush of memories come back to me. This song is nicely mixed, and I would like to give my props to those responsible making this. The memory of seeing one of the ninja turtles getting squished on the main map in the game is brought back as I listen to this.

Has that "old-school" sound to it. ^_^ Lovin' it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cute mix, made me smile for a bit. Drums really bring it out, but everything compared feels too quiet. Bring one up, or the other down.

The bassline was fun, it might be what I enjoyed most about the piece.

Aside from that, the sound choices didn't really grab me. It seems that it was more a stylistic choice, but I wasn't crazy about them.

Cute, worth a listen, not sure if it's a keeper yet, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. Not bad.

The feel is cheesy, but makes you feel happy, i'd say that its the tracks strongest point.

The instruments sound very simple.

Drums are too loud, and the bass sounds weak as well as the drums.

The lead being programmed well - i'm hearing pitch bends and legato in the lead sound - is too quiet. Once again mixing problems.

The panned sample in the middle sounds weird as does the end. They don't mesh at all with the source :(

Its very simple (drums, bass, and lead/rhythm synth) and the original sections are so different its unnerving but there is a unique charm there that makes you want to listen to it again. Not a keeper, but certainly listenable.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00501 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Teen Turtle Tryp"