The Great Jungle Book/Zelda conspiracy

DarkDjinn

Hundreds of songs have used the same technique (which I'm sure a more music knowledgeable member here can properly name), before and after that movie came out, so it's hardly the exclusive domain of either The Jungle Book or the Legend of Zelda.

You're reading (or more appropriately, hearing) too much into something that isn't really there.

Hundreds of songs have used the same technique (which I'm sure a more music knowledgeable member here can properly name), before and after that movie came out, so it's hardly the exclusive domain of either The Jungle Book or the Legend of Zelda.

You're reading (or more appropriately, hearing) too much into something that isn't really there.

What he said.

Also, there's so many things that people write and then suddenly someone's like "boy that sounds like dadada" and the writer is all like "what? I've never even heard that before." I've been in that situation countless times.

Oh come on you guys, I'm just being silly. I was just watching the movie and thought it was interesting when I heard it and wanted to share.

Well as an experienced person who constantly causes people to take what I said the wrong way, I'm not sure that came out the same way over text as it would in person, hahaha

This is probably the most memorable instance of this from my childhood

Prologue - Final Fantasy IV - http://youtu.be/_yYxsda1v2M?t=15s

Ending - A Link to the Past - http://youtu.be/_aqUR0Y3dM0?t=10s

And for more fun, here's a triple kill!

Colette - Tales of Symphonia - http://youtu.be/aTURTy4ueqA?t=7s

Drowning Blue (Remix of S.S. Anne, Ben Briggs) - Pokemon Red/Blue - http://youtu.be/LRSIBcTQlXM?t=1m23s

(The similarity is also in the S.S. Anne original, but more pronounced in Ben's ReMix.)

Colette ~ It is Sad - Tales of Symphonia (same theme, but sadder/slower) - http://youtu.be/DKj9R-1BYwE?t=14s

Song of the Mountain (ReMix of Singing Mountain, Usa) - Chrono Trigger - http://youtu.be/2fFRGB1cMrw?t=2m13s

Well, since we're doing this.

Breath of Fire 3 - Game Over vs. Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene

BoF never really goes to the lower notes past the first 6 main notes, but the 6 notes used are exactly the same otherwise.

Dr. Franken - Main Theme (a lil loud, turn down volume) vs. Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata

Essentially an exact match, though a bit stripped down to core implied chords. :dstrbd:

Edited by timaeus222

No, Klaus Badelt was behind the first pirates and a few gladiator tracks.

No, both Klaus and Hans both worked on both movies. See the Production section of this page (specifically note that Hans wrote the theme for "He's A Pirate") and this, which talks about Hans and Lisa Gerrard being the main forces behind Gladiator. Klaus *did* also work on Gladiator (see the third paragraph here), but since Klaus was working for Hans' studio, Media Ventures, at the time, it's no surprise that they both ended up working together. Hans definitely wrote He's A Pirate, and whether or not he specifically wrote that theme in Gladiator, it surely has his influence.

Edited by Kanthos

No, both Klaus and Hans both worked on both movies. See the Production section of this page (specifically note that Hans wrote the theme for "He's A Pirate") and this, which talks about Hans and Lisa Gerrard being the main forces behind Gladiator. Klaus *did* also work on Gladiator (see the third paragraph here), but since Klaus was working for Hans' studio, Media Ventures, at the time, it's no surprise that they both ended up working together. Hans definitely wrote He's A Pirate, and whether or not he specifically wrote that theme in Gladiator, it surely has his influence.

This is getting beyond me :)

• 9 months later...

I've been recently noticing a striking similiarity for a few bars of Maroon 5 Sugar (1:29-1:37 and other points when it comes to this again.)

...and Michael Jackson's Beat It (the chorus in particular 1:26 - 1:40)

I have been singing that part of Beat It directly over Sugar when my gf is playing it on the radio...it works perfectly.

Yeah I also know this is small, but I can't help but feel that it's a little too similar for coincidence.

Also there is a random riff in a Maroon 5 tune where the Gerudo Valley hook suddenly appears and then goes away.

I've been recently noticing a striking similiarity for a few bars of Maroon 5 Sugar (1:29-1:37 and other points when it comes to this again.)

...and Michael Jackson's Beat It (the chorus in particular 1:26 - 1:40)

I have been singing that part of Beat It directly over Sugar when my gf is playing it on the radio...it works perfectly.

Yeah I also know this is small, but I can't help but feel that it's a little too similar for coincidence.

Also there is a random riff in a Maroon 5 tune where the Gerudo Valley hook suddenly appears and then goes away.

I don't understand how it's similar at all. The only similarity is that it starts on the upbeat of 4 instead of the downbeat of 1. The rest of the rhythm isn't even the same. Shocker, there is no musical dibs on starting a phrase an 8th note early.

There's nothing similar between "Sugar" and "Beat It". In fact that's almost shameful that one would compare them. I'm sorry, that sounds overly bias and harsh and what-not but one is done by a genius performer and the other one is by a guy who's making half-decent singles just to make more money than his brilliant self and his brilliant band back when they made Songs About Jane.

Quite honestly "Sugar" sounds almost too similar to "Last Friday Night". It's so similar that it almost sounds like Maroon 5 just went in and said "let's make Katy Perry's song with my vocals and different lyrics." They're not so similar that Katy would sue them, at least I wouldn't think. But they're very similar. And I still think Katy pulled it off far better.