OCR02949 - Astérix (GB) 'Welcome to Switzerland'

djpretzel

This song is way unusual in general, and super different from the other songs on the album, but I think having it on there was a great decision. I was very surprised to wake and see it on the front page, especially with our already expanded mix flood. :-) Welcome to Switzerland is overly fun, and should soften the hardened heart of many just from hearing the whimsical nature of it. Also, Joe is cool. Keep up the good work and sharing the love! :-)

Title is way too fitting, haha! I'm getting the perfect image of a jolly Swiss village from this ReMix. Happy and extremely fun to listen to, with lots of goofiness and variation in the direction of the little bits and pieces of the overall mix. Very cool, fellas.

When listening through the Legacy album, this tracks always jumps out of the playlist in a very positive way. It's a very nice addition to the album, it adds even more variety and always makes me smile.

The rock kit is still sticking out of the mix, maybe just by being a touch too loud or lacking the reverb the other instrumentation seems to have. Their stereo placement seems too wide too: it sounds like you're listening to the band/orchestra from a bit of distance, and you'd expect the full kit to be at a single spot, but (unless I'm hallucinating) the cymbals and toms seem panned to the sides.

That's about the only thing I have to criticize the piece. Joe's contributions blend absolutely seamlessly and without doubt add to the whole greatly, but it's hard for me to separate them since they fit in so well! :nicework: Super fun track and I'm glad to see this posted (and happy to see Bluelighter get posted too), and I'm happy to see how hard everyone worked to bring it to this level!

• 1 month later...