MAGFest 13 - Post-MAG Depression rears its ugly head

Arrow

Hey guys, it's time for my yearly spiel.

MAGFlu is real. Don't get MAGFlu. It sucks. Use your common sense and do the things you normally do to stay healthy. Don't forget to take care of your health. It is a good idea to do things like:

- wash your hands

- eat healthy meals and not just junk food

- don't get stupid stupid drunk

- get enough sleep -- it's easy and tempting to not do this

- don't lick doorknobs

Keeping yourself healthy helps keeps us all healthy. Thank you. Enjoy the con!

MAGFlu is real. Don't get MAGFlu. It sucks. Use your common sense and do the things you normally do to stay healthy. Don't forget to take care of your health. It is a good idea to do things like:

- wash your hands

- don't lick doorknobs

Last year I got hit with this when I got home. Definitely not a fun time.

I picked up a good amount of antiflu/antibacterial wipes that I plan on having on me at all times this year. If you're heading to the arcade area and would prefer to wipe down the unit before using it contact me and i'll be happy to give you a few.

- wash your hands

- don't lick doorknobs

Don't listen to this. Half the fun of Magfest is in piecing together your full weekend by way of stories and pictures/videos that people have of you while you were too shitfaced to remember.

I will see you all there today. I love you all*.

*I do not love you all.

Last year I got hit with this when I got home. Definitely not a fun time.

I picked up a good amount of antiflu/antibacterial wipes that I plan on having on me at all times this year. If you're heading to the arcade area and would prefer to wipe down the unit before using it contact me and i'll be happy to give you a few.

Had I never been to MAGFest, I might have seen this and thought this sounded way OCD-germophobe. But no, actually that's a brilliant idea.

Don't listen to this. Half the fun of Magfest is in piecing together your full weekend by way of stories and pictures/videos that people have of you while you were too shitfaced to remember.

You know what else is also fun? Actually enjoying the con and not spending it sick in bed or hurling into the can. I mean fine, do whatever you want. It's just that there comes a point where if you are not in good health, it will detract from you ability to enjoy MAGFest. So use your judgment.

I'm home from Magfest.

I had a great time, as always, although I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Friday-through-Monday thing they did this year. Felt weird.

Highlights:

- All three OCR Panels, despite being in the Deep Dark of Panel 2.

- Smashketball

- The Nando's Ex-PERI-PERI-ence

- Watching the second Kenshin live-action movie with OCR crew

- OCR Staff dinner

- Singing Happy Birthday to Deia in monotone with parallel fifths harmony at the Panel

- SEEING PEOPLE I HAVENT SEEN IN A WHILE

I'm home from Magfest.

I had a great time, as always, although I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Friday-through-Monday thing they did this year. Felt weird.

Is it normally shorter? I went to MAGfest this weekend for the first time. My friend and I bailed early to go explore the area though; we didn't go Monday.

After participating on the forum and IRC for close to a decade, I sort of regret not saying hello to anyone in person. But it was nice attaching names to faces at the OCR panel, and I finally bought an OCR shirt. Cheers to 15 more years.

I foresee this as being a necessary conclusion to the MAG 13. What did you like? What didn't you like? Better than last year? Worse? Why? Did you stay at the Gaylord or commute? What were experiences? I'll chime in, after a few days meditating on the past weekend, but if you've got something to add to the discussion, fire off!

I foresee this as being a necessary conclusion to the MAG 13. What did you like? What didn't you like? Better than last year? Worse? Why? Did you stay at the Gaylord or commute? What were experiences? I'll chime in, after a few days meditating on the past weekend, but if you've got something to add to the discussion, fire off!

We already have a thread dedicated specifically to Magfest 13, so that discussion can go in this thread. Merged.

Seriously DarkeSword, way to quarterback this one!! You were working overtime on those panels this year, in addition to everyone else including the last minute understudies. OCR panels break down the thin wall of anonymity the username provides. The only thing I could comment on would be rather than have one mixer off in their headphones, doing an on the fly mix, maybe have them explain each step of what they are doing? If I watched Eddie Van Halen tearing it up on guitar, that's cool, but it really doesn't have the learning value as a step-by-step workshop. I'd say more time would alleviate the issue, but MAG is becoming a zero sum time game...."take your pick the autograph signing or the panel"