Green Hill Zone [Indie Rock Remix]

Lovely sound, I like your style & got your EP.

I like the structure of the arrangement, very nice acoustic sound at the first part & speeding up with the electric for the later half.

My main gripe was that the main melody felt a little clashing harmonically in the first half. I felt it could've been adjusted better to the new chords.

From memory, I recognize 0:05-0:10 used half of the figure in the source's intro, 0:19-0:41 was the main melody in the A part. To me the source usage felt a little on the thin side, though it might add up & it's definitely ok to use only a part of the source (talking about OCR context here). I can't help but feel that the B part of the source would've sounded great with your instrumentation!

Also, what you did use felt a bit marginalized, maybe mainly because the synth lead in the first part of the sound was a bit quiet. The intro figure on the acoustic definitely is quite buried in the mix in the last part! :) But it does definitely sound like a GHZ arrangement to me in the end.

Apart from the harmonic clashing with the melody, I enjoyed this a lot!

I like the almost post rock feel you've gone for, makes it really dreamy. Unfortunately the chord progression doesn't sit quite right with me, and I miss the B section :( But I've heard the tune so many times that most changes to it would seem really jarring! Haha, great work otherwise dude!

• 2 weeks later...
I like the almost post rock feel you've gone for, makes it really dreamy. Unfortunately the chord progression doesn't sit quite right with me, and I miss the B section :( But I've heard the tune so many times that most changes to it would seem really jarring! Haha, great work otherwise dude!

I've sort of incorporated the B section but I've modified it so heavily that it's not really recognizable, I'll take that into account on my future remixes. Thanks for the feedback :D