OCR02955 - Deus Ex 'Sadevakio'

djpretzel

The intro didn't seem connected to the rest of the track for me; it just slows down and starts up again in 4/4. It can be hard though, to transition from 3/4 to 4/4, so no big deal there. 0:40 - 3:42 did seem a little bit noodly at times due to the prominence of the gated elements, but maybe it just takes attention to detail to appreciate the development that actually *is* there. I like the 80's drums mixed with the modern Roland drums in that it was sort of a mashup of eras. Overall I do like this; just some strangeness in the arrangement here and there.

Edited by timaeus222

Really, really chill mix. Oddly enough, makes me think of a Mass Effect's music a bit, but simultaneously some Perfect Dark, too.

At any rate, I enjoy how this sticks thematically to Deus Ex, and isn't intrusive as electronic work can sometimes be.

I can easily just lounge to this. Makes me think of a highrise condo in the heart of the city on a rainy night... Great work.

Sadevakio is one of those ReMixes that I'll have to appreciate from a distance. This genre of music never quite makes it through the ears and into my soul, and although I'll never argue that this isn't a polished, constantly moving mix, my mind wanders with incurable regularity. Melodically there's not enough to hold onto yet the soundscape doesn't draw me in. Impressive work, didn't connect!

Definitely has the spirit of Deus Ex in it. It is a fantastic thing to hear an electronic piece that works without being in your face the entire time. A more cerebral electronic ReMix, I would say. Nice mix title (I like that connection), well thought out arrangement and great sounding product overall. Well done.