OCR01480 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo "Flying Heaven"

Zircon provided one of the best-produced, smoothest and most polished mixes on the album, balanced not only to the effect of making every layer of audio fully and clearly distinguishable, but to the effect, too, of creating an arrangement that is varied, a very listenable and re-listenable length, and comfortabley close to the relatively sparse, in comparison to the bulk of the SF2 character themes, source material without being at all redundant.

Months after the album's release, it still holds up to repeat play for many minutes at a time.

Also, Zircon needs to come hang out with me again. :D

• 9 months later...

First time I really listened to this mix was right after I got done watching the movie The Protector with Tony Jaa. And, I have to say, this ReMix fits in with his fights throughout the movie and just leaves you wanting more after it's all said and done.

If you want to imagine this to fighting Fei Long in SSF2, be prepared to have your ass kicked. If his fighting were in sync with the song, he would be kicking your ass, then sitting back and relaxing for a few seconds to pretend like hes letting you get your strength back up, then comes back in and thoroughly finishes handing you your ass.

Amazing work here zirc.

• 10 months later...

Fei Long was always one of my favorite soundtracks.

This is a nice re-mix because even though it's an up-beat mix, it still keeps a traditional Asian flavor, with the koto and flute coming out every now and again. The koto opener was quite genius. Also like the 4ths and 5ths adding to the Asian feel.

Interesting twists in the elaboration too.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This has got good 'ol Fei's kung-fu ass kicking written all over it, booting your body around the ring and getting you up again just to kick you square in the face.

The track has Zircon's slick and high-end level of produciton, as it always has, drums are nice'n punchy.

Awesome work, Zircon!

• 2 months later...

Fei Long's music was my favorite track from SF2 and before I found this mix I think I found another one that left me highly disappointed.

I really didn't think I could possibly like Fei Long's theme even more than I already did, but "Flying Heaven" is hands-down my favorite electronic remix from this site.

Keep up the excellent work.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. Just from 1:36 to 2:05 is worth the download. After the buttkicking electronica and asian sound twirling around for about a minute and thirty-five seconds, that slower, more asian sounding area was so welcomed. And then to pick it back up again, just amazing! This piece would sound great in a movie soundtrack, but a game one is good enough for me. Keep it up Zircon, you are one of the best!

• 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01480 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo "Flying Heaven"