OCR01480 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo "Flying Heaven"

I've listened to a little over half of the entire Street Fighter 2 Turbo project, and I've really liked what I've heard so far. I already heard this song on it, and I was definately impressed. Hell, everything I've heard so far on the project has been awesome.

Excellent work! Amazing!

The beats are very strong, still there are some really smooth sound layers all over it and everything sounds really clear through.

Not a very expansive arrangement though, if you consider that 90% of the music goes right from the main verse of the theme, and the ending is not the best it could be.

Still you really got some style man, I loved the beats, definetly the one I liked more in the bunch...

Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate it.

BrainCells; I agree the arrangement isn't incredible. However I found it very difficult to think of a creative way to arrange this one. The motif you hear right at the start IS the original. It only had a 20-25 second melody or so and that was it. So I did my best to play around with the progression, add some synth riffs, emphasize the drums, add in a little original section..

Mmmm Mmmm good, Andy. With this piece, you deliciously manage to stir up a delectable brew of mouth-watering techno with some ethnic cuisine. As usual, your beats are scrumptious, the groove tantalizing. You've cooked us up quite a smorgasbord of tasty sounds, all painstakingly measured, sliced, diced, and sizzled to perfection. My compliments to the chef!

;)

Zircon's got a distinctive style, and when I say that, for once I don't mean it in a negative way. Thus far, this one, Vurez's piece, Sixto's piece and the collab between Akumajo and BrainCells stand out the most (wondered why the last two weren't posted, but oh well).

Nowhere near as quirky as Salzman's take on the same theme, this has a harder edge to it, and to my ear, more energy. Then again, these are all supposed to be tracks that could seemlessly be used in any of the games and still make good fight music. In that sense, this track surpasses by far that expectation. I do notice though that the high-end frequencies seem to be a bit neglected for the most part.

Get's an easy 6 (>75%) from me.

The original track wasn't that good anyway, but this is definitely better. Reminds me alittle of Devil May Cry or Metal gear...strange maybe, but true. But well done, a good composition; hope to see more of this.

If Zircon keeps putting out tracks of this quality, I'd definately place his name among the great Remixers, such as McAfee, DJP, and The Wingless. Keep it up man!

Man, when McAfee wasn't writing his anti-virus programs, he sure made some damn good ReMixes! :lol:

Anyway, yeah, this remix is pretty solid. I am most pleased by this ReMix's texture and energy. All around great stuff.

This track?

This is Fei Long. Kicking an ungodly amount of ass. This is not just Fei Long against one hapless victim, this is he, going Bruce Lee on a veritable horde of slightly-inexperienced mooks.

And kicking each and every single one of them to the curb without so much as a scratch or a sprain.

Great work on this one!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01480 - Super Street Fighter II Turbo "Flying Heaven"