OCR00502 - Space Harrier "BIT Live Arcade"

Ginnsu

Space Harrier 'BIT Live Arcade'

I like that very interesting sounding well done voice work in this one. The synths that lead this song take it to an excellent climax. The bassline has an awesome very original sound. Keep doing this great work Slow Poison.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

attn n00bs: no more favorite threads.

starting after I finish my review. that wouldn't be long, I need only 3 or 4 words.

[capslock]

ONE OF THE MORE MOST BESTEST WONDERFULEST AWESOMENESS GREAT SONGS TIME EVER

[capsunlock]

:D

let's fill the streets with crowd of people dancing under the stars and add some neon(s) for your listening/viewing compared pleasure +1

disco_02.gif

(↑nineko's discoteque seal of approval)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Man, i love this theme. If it hadn't been remixed a million times already, i'd take a crack at it.

This one is pretty basic, but has a few nice flourishes. Like Larry mentioned above, the synth counterpoint is what really drives this one along.

I don't really like the bass drum sample used, I think something a little more hardcore sounding would have fit a bit better, but thems the breaks.

Great source, btw. :P

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of times I can forgive repetition in tracks when I put them in the context of something other than a standalone song. The problem here is I just can't figure out what mood I'd want to be in to listen to this. I just don't find this particular style and set of sounds to be very enjoyable. Not my cup of tea, so I can understand why there aren't many reviews here since I don't think it's a very mainstream or accessible song.

Still though, it's a good take on the source, I'll give it that.

• 8 months later...
Un-tss un-tss un-tss un-tss!

Energetic and happy. Would do well on Japanese dancefloors ;)

I'm not too keen on the synths, they're a bit muddy. Still, this is solid fun

Hay guys, this is the perfect example of mix OCR only has!

Kidding aside, I'm personally not familiar with the source. I'm definitely not a fan of how the song ends, with the voice saying something and the subsequent fadeout - I feel like there was room to take the song onto another level at the end. The production is of course rough too.

• 2 months later...

The first time I ever heard this was as a song on a Stepmania (think DDR) songpack I downloaded. I wasn't familiar with the game or the source tune at all, but after going through the various songs that particular pack had, I found myself repeating the 'stage' with this music again and again and again... Then later I found the proper source. Yay!

This whole song is just so *upbeat*. Right from the get go! I don't really dig any of the voice parts, but the beat is just awesome. I can't help but move or sway in some way whenever I listen to this. At some parts it *kinda* has a feel of repetitiveness, but not so much that it drags down the song as a whole. As energetic as this song is, the fadeout ending is kind of disappointing. I would have liked to have heard it wrap up in a more effective manner than that.

It's not the best techno this site has to offer, but it's not at all shabby and one of the most upbeat songs, for sure. XD

• 2 years later...

This to me sounds stylistically similar to d0d0's work that I reviewed earlier this week, though this time the opening soundclip is SO MUCH MORE APPROPRIATE and to some extent probably more nostalgic. :razz: While I felt more of a chippy Katamari-esque vibe in d0d0's in regards to feel, what I felt here was more of a sweet early dream trance vibe to it, carrying a very positive image throughout. It's a shame you couldn't fit in the B-theme somewhere, or even thought of a proper ending for what sounded like a firm track, but it's decent enough for what it is.

The major concerns that I have with this though namely come down towards your placement of fills; sometimes they ended up coming off a little off-time, like the random pair placed in the two go-throughs of the theme. We have this nice setting, but to see it kind of break apart by mistiming does make things a little awkward.

But for a 2001 work it's not too bad, albeit really showing its age by now. Fans of the game/source should get a good kick out of it at least :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00502 - Space Harrier "BIT Live Arcade"