OCR02959 - Harlequin 'Coming to Chimerica'

djpretzel

I am not sure what I was really expecting before giving this a few good listens but I can say without a doubt we have a delightful and somewhat bubbly remix here from a classic game I have not thought about in a long time! The first literal thought when hearing the intro was, Back to the Future?!...what the...oh I see! The title 'Coming to Chimerica' is clever and I laughed a little when I realized why Binster named it as such. What we have here is a fantastic combination of hard hitting drums, bass, and sounds which bring many 80s and early 90s memories to mind like the many hours I spent playing Galaxian. My only criticism is that I felt the ending was more abrupt than I would have liked before the final set of clocks. It's not terrible, but I would have played it out for a few seconds more.

Loving the mix title. This is a little ball of fun, isn't it? Truly something that can make someone happy by listening to it, I'm sure. Some chip, some bounce, a little bit of clock SFX in the beginning and near the end, lots of cool additions and arrangement ideas that make this work. Considering that everyone is saying that it's bit close to the original in certain aspect, I may have to check out this OST soon. Very nice.