How frequently do you see people from the community around?

mickomoo

Random question. I saw someone wearing an OCR shirt on my way to work on the train last week, couldn't say hi, I was running late. But I am curious, how rare (or common) has it been for any of you to see someone repping ocr, outside of a convention, concert, or organized meetup.

I've seen WillRock, Fishy, ProtoDome and Magellanic at past conventions here in the UK. In addition, Flexstyle flew out here to meet up once.

But given that I'm the only northerner out of the brit-gang, seeing OCR peeps / fans on a regular basis is rare. My only hope really is finding messages given through StreetPass or something. :lol:

There's a decent contingent of OCR folks here in Arizona (KingTiger, DjjD, Chimpazilla, Emunator, Ergosonic, Zylance, Monobrow, Protricity, KyleJCrb, anyone else I'm forgetting), so I've met almost all the above names. I hang out with KT on a regular basis, and try to meet up with Jake and Wes (Emu) whenever possible.

I try to meet up with OCR folks in any area I'm travelling through--got to meet with Rexy, WillRock, Fishy, and ProtoDome a few weeks ago in the UK. Will and Fishy even allowed me to stay at their houses for some nights each, which was excellent. :-D

And of course I look forward to the conventions where I'll be able to meet up with a bunch of people. MAG, Reno GAME Expo, etc.

Us OCR folks in the DMV area (DC, Maryland, northern Virginia) see each other at least once or twice a month if not more, but there's so many of us packed like sardines in here that we really don't count; we're all close personal friends who hang out all the time on purpose. It's not like we have to wait for conventions to say hi.

For all the other folks out of this area, it's pretty much just that; we only tend to see them at cons. Although I do tend to drive three hours up to DarkeSword's pad every few months.

When I lived in DMV, you couldn't help but bump into OCR people. In Atlanta, I've hung out with Tweex and his wife at a Distant Worlds concert that I got us tickets for. I've also tried to meetup with urdailywater, but he's not been available.

Sometime I need to arrange a Georgia meetup, maybe around Video Games Live in October. I'd love to meet Sir Jordanius, for instance. :-)