How frequently do you see people from the community around?

mickomoo

McVaffe and I hung out one time like ten years ago, but that's been it for people actually *in* the community.

I once had a co-worker who overheard me talking about game remixes once and he mentioned OCR. Turned out he's a big fan of this place and was super into a lot of different remixers (dude was a HUGE bgc fan)...but he hadn't even heard of me. :(

The Bible belt is awesome.

I agree. I'd rather live in the Bible Belt than on Satan's Shin (Cali) or other grotesque representations of Satanic Bodyparts throughout the country.

Also I want to point out, I am technically LESS southern than all those people in Washington. So all the southern jokes people have flung at me, consider them rubber and glued to you :twisted:

The Bible belt is awesome.

hahahaha yay Bible belt dwellers.

And TN is what they call the "buckle" of the Bible belt. Pretty sure they counted about 750 churches just in Nashville...

ya know, as a Christian, honestly that's just too many churches. You don't need that many churches. Hahaha!

Also I live about 45 minutes south of Nashville, it's just that basically all of Tennessee is Nashville to people who don't live in Tennessee. So I just say Nashville. Kinda like when you say New York, most people immediately assume New York City. At least I do, even though the capital is actually Albany. :-P

Edited by Garrett Williamson

The Bible Belt is awesome.

And if you want we can totally get together and do some totally non-secular things.

Like listen to country music and drink a bunch of beer.

edit: tho be aware every time i make plans to hang out with people they tend to go down the drain. along with the beer. the toilet to be more specific.

Edited by urdailywater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aside from the aforementioned organized meetups, conventions, and hangouts in D/M/V area, I have run into OCR fans randomly. In fact, one of my coworkers found out I was into VGM one day, and asked if I'd ever heard of OCR. That was a long conversation :)!! Then there was the time that Palpable and I attended a wedding, and one of the groom's friends that was sitting at our table was a big OCReMix fan, and actually had Palpable on his iPod. Went nuts when he found out that Palpable was who he was talking to, haha.

Then there was the original random OCR run-in, from my point of view: http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45252

Wherein I met DJP back when I only had a vague idea of what OCR was.

Anyway, none of these times was anybody wearing any OCR stuff (as classy as it would be to wear the OCR hoodie to a wedding), but the subject came up and eventually OCR people were discovered. So I think they're out there, you just may not be able to identify them without striking up a conversation.