Link's Awakening - "House" Piano Arrangement

Deedubs

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S48yGfAksC8

Remix: https://soundcloud.com/mikededub/links-awakening-house-piano-rough-draft

I could have easily been clever (aka not clever at all) and made a House-style remix of "House", but that's not how I wanted to treat this track. I was particularly inspired by the Final Fantasy VI Piano album and wanted to give the piano treatment to this tune I remember fondly from my childhood. Since the source tune is so short, I added a "B" section that hopefully didn't stray too far from the original music. I used Cinesamples Piano in Blue because I feel it best captures that intimate sound I was going for.

I'd like to know if there is anything that sticks out to you. In particular: Does the sequencing sound human enough? Does the harmonic movement flow well? Is it too quiet in places?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is very relaxing to say the least. Not sure what to say about the realism of the piano here. At least how to make it sound authentic. 2:33 caught me off guard because before that, the velocity (volume) from the piano sounded fine, but then suddenly became quiet as if my speakers automatically lowered. Really enjoyed the thickness of the chords at 3:25. I wouldn't worry about straying away from the original source for a bit. The theme is short as you can hear in the original source, so variation is important. One example I can think of off the top of my head is a Super Smash Bros. remix on here called Polygons are Inaccurate.

By the way, when I read house in the title, I was expecting a house remix. I wonder what that would sound like? :lol:

I'm glad you found the piece relaxing. The source tune itself sounds so peaceful! I went ahead and fixed the velocity issue at 2:33. Somehow that one slipped by me. Thanks for the input.

I took a listen to "Polygons are Inaccurate" as well as its source tune. There certainly wasn't a whole lot of melodic material to work from, but the remixer did a great job keeping everything interesting!

By the way, when I read house in the title, I was expecting a house remix. I wonder what that would sound like?

Haha, I thought about that as I was typing the title to the thread. I'd love to hear a House-y "House" :lol: