OCR02973 - Super Mario 64 'Devastation's Duel'

djpretzel

This is the kind of ReMix Bowser expects and demands. Power, aggression, coolness and badassitude. The little jazz break early on seemed odd, but somehow fit in, which was interesting to me. Not saying anything bad, just wasn't expecting it, but glad to hear it in there. This is one hell of a collab and a ReMix I will have on my playlist forever. So good!

• 1 year later...

Bowser had some of his best themes in Super Mario 64. Excellent way of bringing those themes together into one neat little package. The glitch drums were amazing, and the orchestra-rock presentation worked so well. Not sure if the jazz part was necessary, given that it was only brief, but it’s still an excellent track.

Man, I can totally imagine this playing during the final epic showdown between Mario and Bowser. I can envision the face off, then the circling around, then Mario grabbing Bowser's tail and doing a hammer throw, etc. Intense and banging, this is THE theme for a boss battle against a massive koopa.