Little Nemo the Dream Master - Mushroom Forest (Jazz Remix)

Nostalvania

• 2 weeks later...

Fabulous piano as always, great jazz interpretation ideas. Can you find someone to play trumpet? Damashii!! perhaps?

edit: *still listening* Goes pretty off the rails away from source as it moves along during the extended piano soloing... 2:08 all the way to 4:04... it's lovely but that could be a problem.

Edited by Chimpazilla

Fabulous piano as always, great jazz interpretation ideas. Can you find someone to play trumpet? Damashii!! perhaps?

edit: *still listening* Goes pretty off the rails away from source as it moves along during the extended piano soloing... 2:08 all the way to 4:04... it's lovely but that could be a problem.

Thanks Kristina!

Yeah, i think a real trumpet would be great. I maybe want to change some things in the arrangement but once it's finished i'll probably ask a trumpet player.

Yes the solo is long but i think there should still be enough source, if i calculated it correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Kristina!

Yeah, i think a real trumpet would be great. I maybe want to change some things in the arrangement but once it's finished i'll probably ask a trumpet player.

Yes the solo is long but i think there should still be enough source, if i calculated it correctly.

I think it'd help if you didn't count small parts where you didn't use the notes from the source. For example, if you have a 30 second portion where you used notes only halfway through, then finished up the remaining 15 seconds with filler notes or chords, then only half of it counts. That way you're giving yourself minimum credit for source usage, and you would have a better idea of your worst-case scenario.

I think it'd help if you didn't count small parts where you didn't use the notes from the source. For example, if you have a 30 second portion where you used notes only halfway through, then finished up the remaining 15 seconds with filler notes or chords, then only half of it counts. That way you're giving yourself minimum credit for source usage, and you would have a better idea of your worst-case scenario.

Well my "calculation" was actually a bit rough and the amount of source was still a bit scant so i can see what you mean. I could try to add a bit more source or i might sacrifice one solo chorus :cry:

Also thanks metaphist, i'll see what can be done about the flourishes, maybe gonna add some here n' there but actually i like how the chords are floating over the groove.