Vampire Variations: Volume III - History

Chernabogue

Dammit, this is not the easiest of sources, and the approach I have in mind is also demanding. I was thinking this track would lend itself to 80s King Crimson style polyrhythms and it looks like the track uses both 4/4 and 7/8. I have a short concept thing going now.

I know the feeling. Mine's screwy since it comes off as improve jazz, and trying to give it some structure in a different genre isn't proving to be an easy task.

And I'm very happy with those concepts! :) You guys are the best, thanks for taking time and sending me an update! I also got a super cool and (almost?) finished track from Sam Dillard!

I'll probably send an update PM/mail tomorrow to remind people about the project and get an update on everything. Empty your PM boxes! :D

Interesting date! I think I'll probably drop 95% of the projects I'm on if they're not done by then mainly due to Bloodborne coming out in February. We'll see what happens :-P

But I can tell you 100% I WILL BE MAKING Theme of Nicolas Cage Belmont for this album it's gonna be amazing and there's NO chance i will drop it ever

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since BadAss 3 is finalizing stuff now, I'd like to offer my mixing/mastering services for this album, as well as the following:

• Electric and synth bass (especially dark bass wobbles)
  • Electric guitar (rhythm, maybe lead, depending on the track)
  • Countermelodic elements, or ear candy filler
  • Cinematic textures, impacts, sweeps, risers, etc.
  • Standard orchestral strings stuff (staccato, legato, pizzi, etc)

Sad about Guifrog dropping out, he's been a VV staple for a while.. good luck to Mr. Dillard, it should be good!

That's indeed sad since guifrog participated to VV1 and VV2. But Sam should be able able to do something nice as well! :)

Since BadAss 3 is finalizing stuff now, I'd like to offer my mixing/mastering services for this album, as well as the following: (stuff)

Thanks Tim! You're the man! :)

Gonna have a new version of Vampire Killer to you before the end of the weekend, Alex! I've re-done it as an 80s style tune. Complete with big sounding, gated reverb drums. I'm aiming to make it sound like the lethal weapon soundtrack or something - which means I gotta get a sax player and don't worry there will be orchestral instruments as per the requirement.

The structure for the whole tune is laid out. Just a matter of recording all the instruments. I'm excited about it. It's sounding like if Castlevania was an 80s action film with Stallone or Mel Gibson.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

Gonna have a new version of Vampire Killer to you before the end of the weekend, Alex! I've re-done it as an 80s style tune. Complete with big sounding, gated reverb drums. I'm aiming to make it sound like the lethal weapon soundtrack or something - which means I gotta get a sax player and don't worry there will be orchestral instruments as per the requirement.

The structure for the whole tune is laid out. Just a matter of recording all the instruments. I'm excited about it. It's sounding like if Castlevania was an 80s action film with Stallone or Mel Gibson.

Sounds great, Chris, thank you. If oyu are looking for a sax player, I'd recommend asking Joe/XPRTNovice, who recorded some neat sax for me once. :)

Sounds great, Chris, thank you. If oyu are looking for a sax player, I'd recommend asking Joe/XPRTNovice, who recorded some neat sax for me once. :)

Yeah, he recorded the bitchin' sax on my failed FFX remix that you contributed orchestra too about a year ago as you may recall. Hopefully he won't be too busy and I can summon him once more.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

How was it "failed"? Just because it didn't pass the panel? That doesn't mean it failed, you could adjust and resub, or just release it on youtube or something... unless it failed in some other way, I dunno. But with that team it doesn't sound like it would be failed beyond fixing.. ?

But that's off topic.. :-o YAAAY NICOLAS CAGE!!

My track could use some lead guitar solo'ing (and perhaps replacing of my sampled rhythm guitars)... anyone here interested to help me out?

Yes, live guitars > sampled ones. :wink: (inb4 Brandon rage lol)

I'd recommend my man Tuberz McGee, who offered guitar recording help for the project. He may be a little busy, but your remix is already quite advanced, so it's not a problem. :)

Yes, live guitars > sampled ones. :wink: (inb4 Brandon rage lol)

I'd recommend my man Tuberz McGee, who offered guitar recording help for the project. He may be a little busy, but your remix is already quite advanced, so it's not a problem. :)

I hear he's a bit of a douche though.

More like Tuberz McGay amirite? <3

Seriously though, I'd LOVE to help out. :3